Membership 2 Login Widget Directs to Wrong Page

The register widget on my site, edu-media-bg.com currently directs to a different page edu-media-bg.com/register/?step=register than the register menu option on top which displays the memberships. I'd like them both to go to the second option, edu-media-bg.com/register. Secondly, when I login through the widget, I have to go through the wp-login page again before getting to the dashboard, and the option to change this is greyed out on the widget page. Could use some help. Thanks!

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Jacob,

In wigdet options default redirects urls are gray placeholders but you should be able to insert there new urls. Is this not working for you?
    Alternativly you can try the "Redirect Control " add-on - then you can change redirects url in the Membership 2 Settings.

As for the register link - this is by design. I need to ping developer to ask if this possible to change without altering plugin code.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Jacob,

Could you try adding this code snippet to your themes functions.php file:

add_filter( 'register', 'register_cb' );
    function register_cb( $link ) {
        return 'YOUR NEW URL';
    }

where YOUR NEW URL should be your registration url. Let me know if this works for you.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Jacob
    • Flash Drive

Kaisa- thanks for your timely reply. I tried the code you suggested but instead of redirecting the link it just displays the new url where the widget should be. Is there something else I could try? Also, I was able to change the "after login" settings but this didn't change that I have to go through a second wp-login page when I log in.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Jacob

I hope you are doing good.

Please try the following code:

add_filter( 'register', 'register_cb' );
    function register_cb( $link ) {
        return '<a href="http://edu-media-bg.com/register
    ">Register</a>';
    }

About the second issue, would you please run a plugin conflict test? Please deactivate all plugins except this one and check if you still face the problem. If not, then enable one by one and check which one is causing the problem. You can see the flowchart here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Please let me know what you get. If it still like this, then please share a test subscriber username and password. DO NOT post admin access, as the forum is public.

Cheers
    Ash

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Jacob,

Thank you for testing credentials. I can confirm this is happening on your site, but I couldn't replicate this on my testing site.

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Is this is not plugin caused by any plugin could you also run test to exclude theme? Some themes could have functions for custom redirects, so I would also exclude this possibility - you can switch to any default WordPress theme like 2015 or 2016 to check this.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.