Membership 2 : lost all my data + pro not available anymore

Hello,

I had an update for WPMU Membership plugin to Membership 2

1. I lost all my data after the update : the memberships and the memberships rules disapeared

2. Now in "Addons" some addons are not available anymore, it's written "Pro version"
However I'm a paying member of WPMU, I should have access to pro options ?

3. I dont find how to protect custom post types anymore, I had this before the update ?

Many thanks in advance

• Milan

Hello Jean ,

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

I can see that you have not completed import process for importing your subscriptions data and membership details, You would need to do that and you can do that by using Import tool which Membership 2 Pro offers. You can find it in Membership 2 > Settings > Import Tool Please see this attached screenshot.

As you can see in this import tool, you got option to select previous version of Membership you had. Now select it and complete import process but before you do that, I highly recommend you to take backup of your site to be able to roll back to safe state if needed. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to hearing back. :slight_smile:
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Jean

Hello,

So I just imported the WPMU option as you said and there is no data imported, everything is empty now.

It was just test content so it's ok if I lost memberships and rules, however :

2. Now in "Addons" some addons are not available anymore, it's written "Pro version"
    However I'm a paying member of WPMU, I should have access to pro options ?

3. I dont find how to protect custom post types anymore, I had this before the update ?

• Milan

Hello Jean ,

Hope you are doing well today.

It seems that plugin version which you are using is older one or database is of previous version. Would you please conduct these two process one by one and check if it works for you or now ?

#A) Complete re-installation of Membership 2 Pro
    #1) Go to Plugins > Installed > Membership 2 Pro and delete it.
    #2) Then go to WPMU DEV > Plugins > Membership 2 Pro and install it again.

Check addon page and if you still see "Pro" label,

#B) Forcing Membership 2 Pro to use new version via database
    #1) Go to wp_options table and first search for "m2_use_new_version" in that table, if there is no such option please insert one. All you have to do is add:

1. For option name add: m2_use_new_version
    2. For value add: true

This should automatically run the upgrade process.

Once you are able to use Pro addons, please activate addon named Individual Custom Posts. That addon will provide setting to protect custom post types on Membership 2 > Settings page.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Jean

Hello Milan,

I did :
    #1) Go to Plugins > Installed > Membership 2 Pro and delete it.

Now : #2) Then go to WPMU DEV > Plugins > Membership 2 Pro
    When I go to WPMU there is already a link "Activate" in front of the plugin, even I just deleted it
    When I click activate : nothing happens.

I changed database as you said, value of m2_use_new_version i changed to true

I was able to install the plugin again

Now it's still written "Pro version" in addons ... thanks for your help.
    You have access to the website backoffice

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Jean,

I had a look at your site now and it seems that the M2 is active and pro version is properly installed since all add-ons are available, did you managed to get this sorted in the meantime?

Do you perhaps remember which version you had before the update?

About the issue of ending up with non-pro version, M2 has free version on wordpress.org and the version number is higher there since we had to move it up to 4.x while on WPMU DEV version number is 1.x.
    M2 Pro and WPMU DEV Dashboard plugins both block M2 from checking version number from wp.org, so as long as you have either of these plugins active you will not end up with free version.
    So it's possible that both plugins were deactivated when you checked for updates and thus updated to free version from wp.org

Hope this all makes sense :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Jean

Hi Predrag,

Humm no, I had no pro version this morning, I dont know why know it's pro - maybe another support people from your team fixed it ?

It seems ok now :slight_smile:

M2 Pro and WPMU DEV Dashboard plugins both block M2 from checking version number from wp.org

All premium plugin authors proceed like this ? It's very dangerous, I lost all my data and pro were replaced by free version ...

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Jean,

All premium plugin authors proceed like this ? It's very dangerous, I lost all my data and pro were replaced by free version ...

Membership 2 was rewritten from scratch and is completely different Membership 1, so on our site we had both versions available for some time but on wp.org we couldn't do that and couldn't go back with version number so we had to use higher version number.
    In short, it's specific to this plugin.

However, even when update to free version happens it shouldn't wipe out any data as the functionality is the same in both plugins.

I'm not sure why this actually happened to you but if you have backup you could restore to I would suggest doing that and then try updating plugin again.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.