Membership 2 MailChimp Auto Optin

I noticed that even with the Auto Opt-in selected the user that subscribes through a Membership 2 registration form still receive the opt-in email confirmation. My understanding is that MailChimp requires double opt-in and this email is coming from MailChimp. If that is the case, what is the use for that toggle for auto opt-in in the admin? It's causing confusion with clients that don't want the user to receive the email but rather just sign them up like it would if you manually added them to a list.

• TLDCO
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

It's strange, after testing with another email for registration its working correctly now. Before I tested again I did deactivate the opt-in and re-activated so maybe something was off?

On a side but somewhat related note, is there a way to edit that user account generated email? The one that just says:

Username: xxxxx

To set your password, visit the following address:

Link to reset password

Be great if you could send a better welcome email than that. Maybe there is another welcome email and I'm missing the setting. Would prefer to not have multiple emails hitting the persons inbox so they have one reference point of their registration.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello TLDCO,

I believe that one mail your users are receiving is from WordPress itself. It can be disabled by adding this into wp-config.php file

define('MS_DISABLE_WP_NEW_USER_NOTIFICATION', true);

before line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ .

In Membership 2 Pro you can enable "Additional Automated Messages" add-on for sending more emails. Then you will have "Signup - User account created Message" available so you will be able to construct own email message.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.