Membership 2 Mailchimp module not working

I had the issue previously where members are not automatically added to MailChimp list. Contacted support and they provided a fix that was working fine. Until I recently to 1.1.5.

The issue is, if I set the ad-on to add "Registered users mailing list (not members)" it works fine. And registered users are added to the list. But if I set "Members mailing list" option, nothing is added to mail list after user register.

• Karlie
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks Dimitris.

I need the plugin to be working now because I offer a program that runs in September. I had this same exact problem last year, where I updated the plugin and then it stopped working with mailchimp right before my registration started. First the support team tried installing some code for me as a quick fix but unfortunately that didn't work. Then a developer installed the beta version of the next update of the plugin for me, which worked. Please get back to me as soon as possible so I can open up my registration.

Thank you!

• Karlie

Hi Oguz, thank you so much for responding. I can backup my site. Is the file uploaded into my hosting account? I'm a bit uncomfortable navigating that area. If I send you my login details would you be able to do that part for me? Thanks!

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey Karlie !
    Hope you are doing well today!

Yes, the file needs to be updated to your file system, which can be accessed by the access credentials provided by your hosting provider (cPanel/FTP). We can help you with applying the hotfix if the login credentials are provided. Could you please firstly back the site up and send your cPanel/FTP credentials so that we can apply the hotfix for you? You can send that privately through our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Nahid Mohit"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -Login URL
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant URLs

We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

• Karlie

OK thank you for going above and beyond for me. A question first about the backup. The auto backups by backup buddy are set to database only. When I went to manually back it up I chose "complete backup" instead of "backup only." It has been running for 4 hours now and this is what it looks like. Is there not enough space to do the complete backup? Can I do a database only backup like usual?

• Dimitris
      • Support Star

Hello there Karlie

You can find the differences between complete and database backups here:
      http://ithemes.com/codex/page/BackupBuddy:_Complete_Backups
      https://ithemes.com/codex/page/BackupBuddy:_Database_Only_Backups

In short, complete backup also includes all files, so it's normal that it takes more time.
      It also seems that BackupBuddy is doing the "complete backups" in chucks, so it's less likely to hit any server usage limitations. So instead of creating a huge .ZIP file at once, it does that internally in batches.

Having said that, the above hotfix is changing some files of Membership 2 Pro plugin only, so you should be good if you manually backup the wp-content/plugins/membership-pro/ folder locally in your computer, then grab a database backup.

When you're ready with that, feel free to send us an email like Nahid mentioned in his previous reply and we can apply the fix for you.

Finally, please keep in mind that BackupBuddy is a product of another vendor, so if you're dealing with any issues with it, you better contact their support, as they should be able to assist you much easier than us, hope you understand! :slight_smile: https://ithemes.com/contact/

Warm regards,
      Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.