Membership 2 manual payments do not assign gateway

While user selecting membership and pay with a manual payment, the invoice is created but not assigned any gateway. So I can't mark the invoice as paid. How can I solve this?

• Verstraeten
    • The Incredible Code Injector

this Morning I found a lot of mermbership registration on the same name more then 1600
    If you have a look on the draft members
    Here is the chat with your collab:
    Oguzhan Selcuk Bulbul
    8:10 pm
    Checking
    8:14 pm
    Is someone working on your site for another problem?
    Verstraeten
    no, At my knowledge
    Oguzhan Selcuk Bulbul
    Do you have any active ticket related membership 2 ?
    Verstraeten
    It was one about the payement Gateway but I do not know if still open. The problem seems to be resolved
    Oguzhan Selcuk Bulbul
    https://premium.wpmu…payments-do-not-assign-gateway this one still looks like open
    Membership 2 manual payments do not assign gateway
    Do you know is this user Dr.Papazoglou real user or test user?
    Verstraeten
    >Do not know him and he have no role in the users
    Oguzhan Selcuk Bulbul
    It can be related the ticket. Can you answer the ticket to ask that?
    Verstraeten
    There are also memberships without any name have a look on page 39 of draft
    Read
    All on the same day 12 june
    Delivered

How to delete all Draft memberships at once(1619 posts)

Thank you

• Paul Kevin
    • Neo

Hello Verstraeten ,

Hope you are well today. Could you try turn off "Speed up results" on your site's Membership settings. Also please try enable "Account Verification" on your site to prevent unwanted spam emails from creating memberships. It seems in this case it could be a cache issue on the site, as its stored for 12 hours, disabling this setting can help rule that out.

Warm Regards
    Paul Kevin

• Verstraeten

That do not change anything ??????? Still fake registrations
    I tried to delete manually all draft in the database but all membership tables seems to bee empty or not existing
    The table ms_membership (see above message from 14th june) does not exist!!
    Where are the datas ????

It is time to find from where is this problem comming
    Regards

• Paul Kevin
      • Neo

Hello Verstraeten ,

Hope you are well today. As my colleague mentioned, there is a custom post type called ms_relationship, this can be deleted using the query :
      DELETE from wp_posts where post_type = "ms_relationship" where ID in(THE_IDS_TO_DELETE)

Regarding the registrations, you will need to add account verification to prevent spam accounts from being created.

Warm Regards
      Paul Kevin

• Verstraeten

Now I'm starting to really get upset
    Can you find a solution
    Please take a look in the admin and delete all draft are fake listings
    Despite the requested setting, this continues to register incorrectly
    I pay for a plugin that must work and not to waste my time writing to you

• Paul Kevin
      • Neo

Hello Verstraeten ,

Hope you are well today. This is best done via the database directly as running via the WordPress admin has a risk of slowing down your site greatly. Kindly check the query already provided to allow you to delete unwanted registrations. It also seems that a lot of fake accounts are being created on your site, which might be fake-account phishing, which if from the same IP can be blocked using Defender

Warm Regards
      Paul Kevin

• Verstraeten

Defender installed
    No changes

So I made a lot of tests
    Deactivating all plugins except Membership2. - False registrations stops after few minuts
    (False records are still created even plugin deactivated, checked with MYSQL, during few time. After stops)

Activating membership 2 alone False registrations starts immeditely. Then deactivating Membership2 - False registrations stops after few minuts

All plugings activated except Membership2, no more problems (checked with MYSQL)

The problem is inside the plugin!!

So I killed the directory in FTP and load a new complete version of the plugin and it seems taht the problem stops

In conclusion , I thing that some of your developper have made some mistake while trying to find the solution of the original problem.

I am expecting from you a serious commercial action to compensate for the large amount of time lost in finding a solution to a problem you have created

Best regards
    Roland

• Paul Kevin
      • Neo

Hey there Verstraeten ,

Hope you are well today. We take the utmost caution and do tests on the plugins we release and there has never been a report of registrations created by the plugin. Please try with the default theme or set up a staging site to check if this is being replicated. Most of the time this can be caused by infected files or external resources phishing attacks to the site.

Warm Regards
      Paul Kevin

• Verstraeten

I come back to my previous post
    It starts again
    New test
    I deleted one user for whom the false drafts was massive created.
    Then the creation of the drafts continue but with an empty name in the field User
    ????????????????????????????????

• Verstraeten

Hello
    Plugin installed, all instances of ms_cron_check_membership_status deleted. But when refreching the plugin (cron) it'is coming back immediately

If I deactivate Membership 2. the recordings in postmeta stops after few time

But can' nt you do that that your self. You may know more then I to look where it is necessary
    Can'nt you try to install a clone on your server to see if the problem remain??
    Regards
    Roland

• Paul Kevin
      • Neo

Hello Verstraeten ,

Hope you are well today. That cron is used by the plugin to check for member subscription status and does not create any draft accounts. It only manages invoices. Please set up a staging site(or try on a different site) and try replicate the issue there as it seems the issue is only unique to your WordPress installation. The issue you are facing cannot be replicated on any other setup.

Warm Regards
      Paul Kevin

• Verstraeten

The script causes the creation of false invoices all (or almost) in the name of the same user who is already a member. As a result, drafts are also created.
    If I apply the sql command:

delete FROM <code>vince_posts</code> WHERE<code>post_date</code>> '2018-07-05 01:00:00' AND <code>post_content</code> REGEXP 'You will pay'
    (text in the registration form)

The bills are erased and also the drafts

If I manually enable the script, it overloads the server for at least 10 minutes making access to the site impossible (504 Gateway Time-out
    The server did not respond in time.
    There is obviously a concern with this scrit or with the relationship he has with the database

• Paul Kevin
      • Neo

Hey there Verstraeten ,

Hope you are well today and thank you for the explanation on this. There are cases when there are alot of Members or users on the site which leads to slow cron check of Membership status. I am currently working on a potential fix for this, kindly advise how many members they are on your site.

Warm Regards
      Paul Kevin

• Verstraeten

Hello Kevin
    Not a lot , actually 123

The problem may be that each creation discards invoices, the postmeta table is implemented with 40 rows. But since the time the problem exists, the table currently has 700,000 lines which greatly dull the database.

How to distinguish the good from the useless?

Do you have a sql statement that removes all rows with the following fields?

meta_key = gateway_id
    meta_value = NULL

These are the only fields common to all unnecessary registrations

Yesterday I temporarily renamed the WP cron file and since then I have no more unwanted bills

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello again Verstraeten

Sorry for the double post. I heard back from Paul right after clicking Post! :smiley:

There seems to be something specific to your site that our team cannot recreate on a testing environment. In order to assist you best with this issue, would you please provide us with access to your site and server?

NOTE: Please make a full backup of your site before sending the following information.

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Option: I have a different Question

Subject: "Attn: Paul Kevin"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

~OR~

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Best regards,

James Morris

• Verstraeten

Hello Paul
    I do not understand what you mean
    I had a look on the admin and I can see that there are
    Default (280) |Billed or Pending (175) |Paid (105) |Draft (2458) |Denied (0)

In any case you have full access to the enter hosting of the temporary work site
    Best regards
    Roland

• Paul Kevin
      • Neo

Hello Verstraeten ,

Hope you are well today. Please confirm if your hosting has any type of database cache. Reason is invoices are being created for members with no memberships. It seems to be specific to an issue to the database and not the plugin code as each time the invoice generation task runs, I see a lot of timeouts in your server logs. From the cpanel access I can't really determine if there is some sort of cache. On a fresh installation I dont see the same issues.

Warm Regards
      Paul Kevin

• Verstraeten

This installation is completely new. I have done it for you only few days ago.

I have just created the database with standard option of hosting.

Timeouts are result of the "ms_cron_check_membership_status" instructions. If you deactivate wp-cron. No more timeout, no mor fake invoices.
    If I set "ms_cron_check_membership_status" on "pause" or "delete", immeditely another instance is activated.

Is it possible to have the possibility to set it "off" for a while because on the main site I have actually renamed WP-cron to avoid problems with Membership but all other cron routines are also deactivated as result

• Paul Kevin
      • Neo

Hello Verstraeten ,

Hope you are well today. The cron is mainly for checking Membership status, disabling this will make the plugin not work as expected in terms of invoices and Subscription status. Could you please clear all imported data and use it on a clean Membership setup with only Membership setup. The cron will only cause timeouts when there are alot of members to check from, and in this case it seems that expired members with no memberships are still being checked, which is the reason I asked if you have any type of database cache. Please also confirm if this is the same host you are using for the main site.

Warm Regards
      Paul Kevin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.