Membership 2 Media Protection conflicting with MediaPress plugin

No images show up when I upload images through the MediaPress plugin when Media Protection in Membership 2 is enabled. I was using complete protection. The console regards the missing images as 404 (not found).

• Dr. Ashley M. Berge

Hi James,

Thank you so much for your help -- this is in relationship to mobile view and previously (few days ago) it was found that there was a conflict with Memberhsip2 and MediaGallery -- this looks to only be affecting mobile view (images appear inside right hand menu on mobile and the view page is left empty) -- however, given all the testing I am no longer sure if it is a conflict with Membership2 but the viewing on mobile is still distorted (i.e. 'pic me' images remain unseen until a user goes to right menu and then there they are, overlapping the menu items).

Thanks again for all of your help, and brilliance!

• Dr. Ashley M. Berge

Hi again James,

Tested Membership2 again and now it isn't working -- when a user goes to register there are errors with the D.O.B being inputted -- initially (first go) it lets you, however when you accept it bounces back and asks for D.O.B again (the bio field margins are out, also, so writing is cut off) -- some type of conflict there -- the only setting that was changes was D.O.B from 'optional' to 'required' (as it use to be a week ago without issue) and unfortunately it is necessary to capture D.O.B details.

Help in fixing this would be greatly appreciated, thanks again so very much.

• James Morris

Hello Dr. Ashley M. Berge

Thank you so much for your help -- this is in relationship to mobile view and previously (few days ago) it was found that there was a conflict with Memberhsip2 and MediaGallery -- this looks to only be affecting mobile view (images appear inside right hand menu on mobile and the view page is left empty) -- however, given all the testing I am no longer sure if it is a conflict with Membership2 but the viewing on mobile is still distorted (i.e. 'pic me' images remain unseen until a user goes to right menu and then there they are, overlapping the menu items).

Tested Membership2 again and now it isn't working -- when a user goes to register there are errors with the D.O.B being inputted -- initially (first go) it lets you, however when you accept it bounces back and asks for D.O.B again (the bio field margins are out, also, so writing is cut off) -- some type of conflict there -- the only setting that was changes was D.O.B from 'optional' to 'required' (as it use to be a week ago without issue) and unfortunately it is necessary to capture D.O.B details.

CoursePressPro - profile - courses - click on 'author' [topicthread] dead link - link to profile would be wonderful

I believe the above issues are due to cache on your end. I've tested all these using Incognito in Google Chrome and all worked without issue. Please try this using Incognito mode (Ctrl+Shift+N) or a browser you have not accessed the site with before, like Firefox.

Screenshots:
    http://storage6.static.itmages.com/i/17/1215/h_1513326916_5679536_0f0492f18c.png
    http://storage8.static.itmages.com/i/17/1215/h_1513326931_8730795_feaea609fa.png
    http://storage1.static.itmages.com/i/17/1215/h_1513326944_2828288_429374a532.png
    http://storage2.static.itmages.com/i/17/1215/h_1513326957_2756118_541771b00c.png
    http://storage8.static.itmages.com/i/17/1215/h_1513326971_4926212_dc98d71123.png
    http://storage9.static.itmages.com/i/17/1215/h_1513327364_4501341_d39a8797d7.png
    http://storage5.static.itmages.com/i/17/1215/h_1513327416_5875626_5f081442cb.png

mobile - 'profile snippet' broken into 2 lines (i.e. Name: Name should be the appearance, but appears as Name: [next line] Name

This was due to your theme switching to display:block on table cells for easier readability on mobile. However, I've forced a more traditional table layout with the following CSS:

@media screen and (max-width:380px){
        #buddypress table.profile-fields tr td.label, #buddypress table.profile-fields tr td {
            display: table-cell !important;
        }
        .profile-fields td.label {
            width: 33% !important;
        }
    }

Screenshot: http://storage2.static.itmages.com/i/17/1215/h_1513327104_4171038_54c14cdefe.png

Membership2 - register - sign up - complete form [bio - margins too wide and cannot see text inserted on mobile]

The following CSS fixed this issue right up.

@media screen and (max-width:425px){
        .form-membership textarea, .form-membership input {
        	width: 100% !important;
        }
    }

Screenshot: http://storage7.static.itmages.com/i/17/1215/h_1513330056_1754023_5f50e0eee1.png

Dashboard - right hand menu (is it possible at all for 'admin' users to have this option, again, for some reason it has been taken away, whereas it was 'only' intended to be removed for non-admin users) - if this isn't possible, okay, but I thought it was worth asking!

Can you clarify on this one a bit please? I'm afraid I'm not quite sure which menu you're referring to. There's several. If you could provide a screenshot indicating which menu you want to hid for non-admins, but retained for admins, I can take a look and see if there's something we can do there.

From what I'm seeing from our emails and the above issues, most of the issues you are having are CSS related. This are pretty minor and are fairly easy to address. The following resources should be most helpful in helping you work through minor CSS issues.

How to use Google Chrome DevTools: https://developer.chrome.com/devtools
    CSS3 Reference: https://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp
    jQuery Reference: https://www.w3schools.com/jquery/default.asp

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Dr. Ashley M. Berge

Hi James,

Thanks again so very much!

Gallery view is finally fixed -- brilliant!

I have gone ahead and cleared my browsers (desktop and mobile) and inside 'Register' (for Membership2) the bio section margins are great now, thank you!! However, it is still bouncing back with the d.o.b feature?

CoursePressPro -- instructor link works (dr-b), however, the author one (admin) still bounces back (user -- courses -- click on course -- "by" and "date" -- both links bounce back to same page) (attached)

The profile snippet -- the screenshots sent are great!!! I cannot seem to get them at my end, rather the 'profile snippet' content has completely disappeared (tested on x 2 user accounts to re-check).

Dashboard link -- right hand 'user' menu i.e. activity, profile etc -- at the very top 'dashboard' use to exist for all users, then was removed as only admin-applicable, but removed for everyone now (if can bring back, great, if not, I understand it mightn't play nice!) (attached)

Thanks again James for all of your help -- hopefully the fixes at your end are super simple to fix at my end as I do not know why they are showing with cache cleared etc -- I am looking forward to it being fixed for good though

• James Morris

Hello Dr. Ashley M. Berge,

However, it is still bouncing back with the d.o.b feature?

This is very strange. I've not been able to replicate this on the staging site, but I can consistently reproduce it on your production site. I'm afraid this is going to take a bit more time to sort through.

CoursePressPro -- instructor link works (dr-b), however, the author one (admin) still bounces back (user -- courses -- click on course -- "by" and "date" -- both links bounce back to same page) (attached)

Normally this would require custom coding your theme's templates. However, I've added the following to your theme's functions.php to accomplish the same effect. This redirects the author URL to their BuddyPress Profile and it removes the redundant post link on the date.

// Add scripts to wp_footer() - Added by James Morris of WPMU DEV
    add_action('init', 'change_author_base');
    function change_author_base() {
        global $wp_rewrite;
        $author_slug = 'members'; // change slug name
        $wp_rewrite->author_base = $author_slug;
    }

add_action( 'wp_footer', 'remove_post_date_link' );
    function remove_post_date_link() { ?>
    	<script>
    	jQuery( document ).ready(function($) {
        	$("a.post-date.fa.fa-clock-o").removeAttr("href");
    	});
    	</script>
    </div>
    <?php }

Screenshot: http://storage4.static.itmages.com/i/17/1216/h_1513402472_3268978_4a99bdabce.png

The profile snippet -- the screenshots sent are great!!! I cannot seem to get them at my end, rather the 'profile snippet' content has completely disappeared (tested on x 2 user accounts to re-check).

Can you please provide me with links to the profiles you couldn't see? I tested this on your production site and all display correctly for me. Also, could you try on a mobile device not connected to your local WiFi network?

Dashboard link -- right hand 'user' menu i.e. activity, profile etc -- at the very top 'dashboard' use to exist for all users, then was removed as only admin-applicable, but removed for everyone now (if can bring back, great, if not, I understand it mightn't play nice!) (attached)

This was due to the following custom CSS. I've commented this out so the links will show.

.header-account-login .pop #dashboard-links {
    display: none;
    }

Best regards,

James Morris

• Dr. Ashley M. Berge

Hi James,

Thanks again, so very much -- noted re: D.O.B and bounce back -- i'll await good news on that!

Thank you so much for the admin link -- that's great!!

As for the 'profile snippet' blank fields -- this is for 'all users' I sign in -- I just cannot see anything now? e.g. 'ash' 'am8' 'admin' etc...

I'm still not seeing 'dashboard' link on mobile?

My apologies everything still isn't playing nicely -- thank you so very, very much James for all of your help in sorting this through, it is tremendously appreciated!

• Dr. Ashley M. Berge

Update:
    Profile snippet fixed!
    Bio margins -- fixed by changing between BuddyPress Option v Memberhsip2 Option
    Sign up temporarily 'okay' -- changed D.O.B to 'optional' -- needs to be reverted to 'required' but still won't work
    Dashboard showing on desktop, however for all users -- mobile, no show -- query?

Things are looking a lot better James! Thank you! One 'hiccup' that has occurred though, is that Membership2 allows 'sign up' WITHOUT 'agreeing' at the Payment Gateway -- this is a big issue as it means they're able to 'pass' payments, but still access content -- so, there's a glitch going on here which is a big issue now -- hopefully all related re Membership2 and sorted (now primary issue).

Thanks James!

• James Morris

Sign up temporarily 'okay' -- changed D.O.B to 'optional' -- needs to be reverted to 'required' but still won't work

I'm still working on this issue. I've not yet found why this works on the staging site, but not the live site.

Dashboard showing on desktop, however for all users -- mobile, no show -- query?

I found how to display this; however, the entire Admin Toolbar gets outputted and breaks the user menu. I was unable to get this to display cleanly with the user menu (on the right). There seems to be a lot of customizations made tot that menu that are affecting the layout from default.

Things are looking a lot better James! Thank you! One 'hiccup' that has occurred though, is that Membership2 allows 'sign up' WITHOUT 'agreeing' at the Payment Gateway -- this is a big issue as it means they're able to 'pass' payments, but still access content -- so, there's a glitch going on here which is a big issue now -- hopefully all related re Membership2 and sorted (now primary issue).

The way Membership 2 registration works is:
    - User is registered in WordPress first
    - User purchases a membership in Membership 2
    - Membership 2 controls what pages the member has access to via Protection Rules

I'm afraid there is no way to restrict registration to members who have paid first. They must be registered as users before purchasing a membership in Membership 2.

The way you prevent registered users from accessing content prior to purchasing a membership, is through the Protection Rules at WP Admin -> Membership 2 -> Protection Rules.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

I'm still looking into the registration issue with the BuddyPress xprofile D.O.B. issue.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Dr. Ashley M. Berge

Thanks James!

I think I finally figured out Memberhsip2 protection rules -- again; special page restrictions were required under 'specific URL' to ensure non-members didn't have access i.e. those that opted to 'register' but not proceed to the payment gateway. This was a little scary, but I think this is "okay" now. For some reason when I went into the 'test user' who didn't pay -- they were able to cancel their membership but not 'upgrade' or 'complete payment' prior to cancelling -- these options are present, but wouldn't work (page stayed the same). Eventually it did work (partially) but not as smoothly. The hiccup here is that 'payment' will not be processed now i.e. not taken to payment gateway -- could this be checked please as a few days ago now, there was no issue (it was on the user side), but now, the issue is on the Membership2 redirect side to the payment gateway?

For the menu, I'm not too sure? I have spoke to support multiple times as there were quite a few hiccups here -- if this can't be altered, I'll have to settle, but if it can be, that would be wonderful i.e. non-admin user still see 'dashboard' on desktop -- but once clicked, goes to the home page?

D.O.B sign up issue -- okay, thank you so very much!

The main pressing issue holding the site back now is the payment redirect -- a little odd since this was 'working' when the other side (i.e. registration) wasn't -- now it is, the payment gateway isn't working i.e. no redirect? If there's a smooth fix here and something I'm missing, please let me know.

Thank you so very, very much for all of you help again, James -- thank you.

Many thanks,

Ashley

• James Morris

- Complete Payment button refreshes page and does not progress to checkout when trying to sign up for a membership when you are a registered user, but not member.

Conflicts with SiteOrigin Panels. Disabling this plugin solved the registration issues. Confirmed in Firefox Private Browsing Mode. I've moved the plugin to wp-content/_plugins/ to disable it for now.

This is a bit of a problem though, as I see you're using this for some of the graphical content. Elementor is a very well supported and feature rich page builder. This may be a better alternative for your situation. https://elementor.com/

- Sign up temporarily 'okay' -- changed D.O.B to 'optional' -- needs to be reverted to 'required' but still won't work

This is working correctly now with DOB being required. I've tested in Firefox Private Browsing Mode and had no issue registering.

Screenshots:
    http://storage9.static.itmages.com/i/17/1220/h_1513761241_6057595_f86b62db45.png
    http://storage2.static.itmages.com/i/17/1220/h_1513761270_2192032_3a4e842ca4.png

- For the menu, I'm not too sure? I have spoke to support multiple times as there were quite a few hiccups here -- if this can't be altered, I'll have to settle, but if it can be, that would be wonderful i.e. non-admin user still see 'dashboard' on desktop -- but once clicked, goes to the home page?

I've gone through every line of custom CSS and every theme option to try to get the Dashboard link to display on mobile and I'm afraid I've not been able to accomplish this no matter what I do.

- Update: protection rules are not going through on mobile

I've not been able to replicate this issue. When browsing in Firefox Private Browsing Mode, logged in as a registered user without a membership, I cannot access any protected pages. All seems to be working correctly.

When testing, please be sure you're using a browser in Incognito/Private Browsing Mode. This will give you the truest results.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Dr. Ashley M. Berge

Hi James,

Thank you for the update -- at this stage the BIGGEST concern is the payment gateway AND the pages still all 'behaving' as so. A few weeks ago the 'register' page removed Site Origin to ensure no conflicts as this was a known issue back then -- surely this would remain rather than having ALL my pages now misbehaving?

I've spoke with Site Origin and this is what they've said:

"Thanks. I've worked out the cause of this issue and it's a tad tricky to fix reliably. Basically, this issue was introduced when we removed the content cache in SiteOrigin Page Builder (we plan on re-introducing it but it'll require a complete recode before that can happen as it was causing more issues overall). The content cache runs page builder basically as soon as possible which in turn allowed for Membership 2 to filter the registration page correctly due to its non-standard priority. After Content Cache was removed, Page Builder runs at the default priority (10) which effectively means we run our code after Membership 2 which means that the Membership 2 registration page won't work due to when it processes that data.

Does that make sense? I'm in the process of working out a solution for this but it's proving to be very problematic due to how they handle filters. I would recommend reaching out to WPMU DEV about this issue as they may have a suggestion. Sorry mate. "

So, at that end it appears a conflict with Membership2 and I would REALLY, really appreciate it if the pages could 'go back' to behaving, and a 'work around' for this sign up -- the confusing part is that it WAS working merely days ago, then the payment gateway stopped once it worked 'again' -- and now, both ends aren't working, when again, a few weeks ago BOTH were behaving, so surely there is a way? I am asking as this is the only step stopping my site from being functional at this stage.

As for the dashboard -- thank you so very much James for your tireless help! Understood, and that's okay then. And thank you for fixing the d.o.b issue -- I just can't do much at this stage until the pages are behaving again and would like to avoid re-building each page with another plugin if possible.

Thank you again James so very, very much.

• James Morris

Thank you very much for providing that valuable information from SiteOrigin. That makes perfect sense. However, a workaround like this goes just a bit beyond my level. I need to get one of our higher-level Devs involved so we can look into this further.

Basically, the how and why appears to be that, at some point there was an update in SiteOrigin that removed the functionality they were talking about. When this happened, it broke compatibility with Membership 2. And since our plugin runs it priority later, the way SiteOrigin works now just doesn't play nice.

I'll ping our Dev Team and ask for their valuable feedback on this issue.

Thank you for your patience while we sort through this issue.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Dr. Ashley M. Berge

Dear James,

Not a problem -- I'd been trying to get it resolved on that end sooner as I have spoken with WPMUDEV support multiple times about this plugin and the page set ups etc -- and as you can see, the plugin is used vastly on all pages so it is quite an overhaul if things won't play nicely together.

If there is anything in the interim that can be done, that would be appreciated -- otherwise, could the plugin be activated again to ensure the pages 'show' as intended? I understand this will revert registration back to the issue, however as I can see it, it appears something is going to have to give until there is a solution.

That would be great if the Dev team can see a solution, however if not then perhaps 'some' pages can play nicely and the registration ones cannot use Site Origin -- I am not entirely sure. The confusing part is that everything 'was' working -- and now it isn't. A good fortnight ago, and as I am sure you saw from the CSS, a lot was done to make Site Origin 'play nicely' all-over -- at the end of the day, I'm just after everything to play nicely again -- I really appreciate your help, tremendously James.

Thank you kindly so very much again.

• Dr. Ashley M. Berge

Dear James,

Just chasing an update at your end or any idea for when this hiccup between the plugins may be resolved? Also, worst case if a new page builder is necessary, if there is one that has a seamless integration -- I've contacted Elementor and they don't function with an integration tool (i.e. build from scratch, so all the extensive work inside each page would be lost -- this is something I am trying to avoid) -- as always, thank you for all of your help,

Merry Christmas.

• James Morris

Due to the complexity of this particular issue, I've had to pass this up to our Dev Team so that they can work through this conflict. Unfortunately, due to the complexity of such issues, this can take a bit more time to resolve. As soon as they have more information, an update will be posted.

I've looked over some reviews of different page builders and Beaver Builder seems to be one of the higher rated builders. Perhaps giving them a look would be worthwhile as well. https://www.wpbeaverbuilder.com/

Hopefully our team will be able to find a suitable workaround for your situation quickly. Thank you for your patience while we sort through this.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Dr. Ashley M. Berge

Thank you James, I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Membership2 is no longer 'mobile' friendly for the ACCOUNT page for some reason -- this was noticed today, however may have occurred in the last 2-3 days.

The same goes for users who try to make a payment and choose not to proceed -- their account is marked 'pending' however when they go to CLICK on it and proceed to make a payment, this bounces back -- the button is dead and goes no where for some reason. Perhaps this is related to the overriding issue.

The 'complete payment' or 'pending' and the CLICK bounces -- this issue is still apparent and a big one for users who accidentally opt not to proceed to make a payment, but then wish to -- there is no option that allows them (that's working). The same goes for cancelling or upgrading etc.

Just an update -- I understand its being worked on, but this is an update to say the ACCOUNT isn't showing on mobile (consistently, as earlier I was able to get it to show without touching anything) and that PENDING isn't working -- however users who choose to 'pay' and don't opt out look like that avenue is working again, however this isn't confirmed due to the underlying issues.

Thanks James.

Ashley

• Dr. Ashley M. Berge

Dear Ash,

Thank you -- I really do hope the conflict is fixed as soon as possible as its the only thing holding the site back at this stage. Although other page builder plugins have been recommended, I have spent a significant part of the last month corresponding with the Support team getting everything to 'work' and display on the pages as they should (where the plugin wasn't responding as we wanted), and after then having everything 'work' and a major conflict arise is quite the disappointing news.

Is there a turn around time perhaps at all with this? I only ask as I've been sitting tight for a good week in getting Membership2 to behave all-round and would be thrilled to have this final hurdle done!

Thank you for the update.

• Dr. Ashley M. Berge

Further follow-up -- protection rules have still not improved (mobile v desktop differ for some reason) and the payment gateway is still broken -- the conflict between plugins is still yet to be resolved and this underlying issue has been going on for weeks now -- I would really appreciate an update as this is the sole issue holding up the site from being complete and functional.

Thank you

• James Morris

Hello Dr. Ashley,

I'm sorry for the delay.

I checked with the Developer assigned to this task and unfortunately, the news isn't great right now. It seems there's some compatibility issues with this particular area and page builders in Membership 2 Pro. They are working on a solution, but it is going to take some time and a good bit of testing. Unfortunately, an ETA is not available for when there will be a fix for this.

I'm terribly sorry for the trouble this may have caused you.

Kind regards,

James Morris

• Panos

Hi Dr. Ashley M. Berge ,

Could you please try replacing file :
    wp-content/plugins/membership/premium/addon/profilefields/class-ms-addon-profilefields.php
    with the one attached here? You can rename the original file to class-ms-addon-profilefields.php.txt so you have it as a backup.

I have cpanel access so I could replace the file, but there seems to be something blocking me from loging in so I can't test it on your site.

Please let me know if this fixes the issue regarding the date of birth.

Kind regards!

• Dr. Ashley M. Berge

Hi there Panos,

Thank you -- as silly as it may sound, I'm very cautious about touching/changing these files so have always given permission for the support team to go ahead and do so rather than risking any unnecessary hiccups (still learning the ropes, as always). I have removed the security wall that may have been causing the issue.

Please note DOB is not the primary issue here (and has temporarily been fixed, awaiting the overhaul of Membership2), it is the payment gateway integration and the protection rules embedded inside Membership2 -- both are not working as needed i.e protection rules are not standing, and payment gateway is not taking payments, and then, aligning with protection rules.

Thank you.

• Panos

Hi Dr. Ashley M. Berge !

Not silly at all! In fact I wanted to do that replace so you wouldn't have too.

I have removed the security wall that may have been causing the issue.

I still can't get access using login page(s) ( perhaps I could try setting as current user since I have cpanel access ). It seems I don't need access to test that. I have replaced file and after registration it logged the test user in correctly.

However I need access to check the settings for payment. I didn't notice something wrong with payments after new member registration. After registering new user I was normally directed to checkout page. From there I clicked on the payment button and was re-directed to PayPal in order to pay for subscription. Which is the normal procedure.

This thread has been a bit bloated, it contains different topics so it's hard to keep up with. According to support policy, each thread should contain one subject. Could you provide all info about the payment issue you are having to chat agent so they can open a new thread regarding this issue?

Also could you check again about the security you are using? It is blocking access so you may have issues with members from European or other countries not being able to login.

Thanks!

• Dr. Ashley M. Berge

Hello Panos,

Thank you very much.

The thread is quite long as a result of quite a few issues interfering with the 'end-goal' -- proper functionality of member checkout. I have recently been told it's been headed the way of the plugin developers due to a mixed issues -- the majority have been 'fixed' but as a result ended up with this one big floor -- which is now a major issue. But...getting closer I hope...

I have just tested and a user can sign up and now IS directed to the payment gateway -- this had stopped happening a few weeks ago, but that's great it's working now.

But -- if they opt NOT to proceed to pay and hit 'back' they are still blocked form access -- this is good -- the issue has been that they HAVE had access (although I'm still yet to test all). However, when the user goes back into their account and payment is PENDING and they click to proceed -- it is a dead link -- the user is unable to proceed to complete their payment -- this is an outstanding issue.

In the past desktop protection has differed at times to mobile -- this is something that needs to be re-checked with Membership2 protection rules.

As for the security -- could you please let me know specifically where or what may be blocked? I'm happy to fix this!

To refresh:

CURRENT OVERRIDING ISSUE:

Membership2 functionality --

1) protection rules for DESKTOP and MOBILE to a) work, and b) be the same,
    2) payment gateway (now seems to transition), but a) for user to have access to complete payment in their account (link is dead), and b) for the protection rules to still stand
    3) user to proceed to payment gateway seamlessly and check-out payment if they do not do so the first time, whilst protection rules are still in affect i.e. user MUST proceed through payment gateway to begin trial period, NOT hit 'back' and then still be able to access content.

END.

Thank you so very much Panos -- if you're able to fix this error where no other has been, I take my hat off (figuratively of course) to you!

• Panos

Hey Dr. Ashley M. Berge ,

I believe that priority would be to check that security issue. Colleagues from EU and South Africa have the same issues with me when trying to login. Here is what I have:
    https://streamable.com/hglwt

Not sure if it is from a plugin or from host. Perhaps you need to deactivate any security plugin or ask your host about this. Colleague from US can access your site without issues.

Regarding payment issue, I would suggest to do a plugin conflict test, which means to deactivate all other plugins and switch to default wp theme (Twenty Seventeen), then check if issue still exists. If it doesn't it means that there is a conflict with some other plugin which is more likely the case as it works on my test sites.

Please let me know how that test goes

Thanks!

• Dr. Ashley M. Berge

Dear Panos,

Thank you again.

It is actually an issue between Site Origin and Membership2 -- all the tests have been run and this is the issue -- and why earlier I mentioned this has been escalated to the plugin developer team.

All persons who try to access wp-admin are automatically blocked -- however support access can be granted at any time via the portal so I can accept log ins. The page you are getting is simply because your IP is trying to log in to a restricted area for protection. I am happy to take this down if you're able to fix the code inside Membership2 -- otherwise thank you, but this is the issue that is being worked on, and has been identified.

Earlier in the threads it notes that Site Origin overrides at times Membership2 and how Membership2 is set up there is a similar issue so there are errors here. This is why it has been narrowed down to this -- with Site Origin already checked.

By all means if you're able to fix the plugin, I would be over the moon! (but I believe the team is currently working on this).

Thank you again for your help Panos.

• Panos

Hi Dr. Ashley M. Berge ,

and why earlier I mentioned this has been escalated to the plugin developer team.

I see now it has been escalated, but I was pinged for different issue. Threads should really be about one subject.

Regarding the SiteOrigin page-builder I could replicate the issue. Just to be clear, issue is when there is an unpaid subscription and from Memberships list page I try to pay. Instead of payment options I see the same memberships list again. If this is the issue as I describe please try adding the following in a mu-plugin:

add_action( 'ms_frontend_register-payment_table', function(){

$MS_Controller_Frontend = new MS_Controller_Frontend;
    	add_filter( 'the_content', array( $MS_Controller_Frontend, 'payment_table' ), 10 );

}, 10);

and let us know if this fixes this on your side too

Cheers!

• Dr. Ashley M. Berge

Dear Panos,

Thank you again, and for your willingness and persistence in helping with this issue, it is greatly appreciated!

To be safe -- issue is:
    Sign up -- proceed to payment gateway -- opt not to pay (so hit 'back') -- account created -- protection rules (mostly) in place -- try to complete payment by hitting 'pending' in the account page (under the membership selected) -- knocked back (the button does not direct to payment gateway).

Additional issues are with the protection rules for the membership -- user signs in and at times on desktop and/or mobile (different at times) users can access 'restricted content' when their membership is pending -- this is important and also aligned with Membership2 plugin and hopefully fixed hand-in-hand with sign up issues?

May you please let me know Panos how to ensure the security allows access for European and South African users? Again, thank you for the code -- I am not sure where to add this, as I do try not to tamper with too much code or its places with this issue in fear of making things worse Could I please ask you to do so and that I grant permission if necessary, please?

This is an extensive thread and I hope it is towards the end -- thank you for stepping in and trying to resolve this outstanding issue.

Thank you Panos.

• Panos

Hi Dr. Ashley M. Berge ,

Thanks for clarification!

I was talking about same issue, you phrased it more accurate! I have applied that snippet I metnioned in a mu-plugin on your server ( file location is wp-content/pu-plugins/wpmudev-ms-override-pagebuilders.php ). I have made it a bit more general since there was an issue with other page builders too. I tested with two new registrations and seems to be working. Could you please test this and let me know if it works on your side too?

As for the issues with protection rules, I will check if there is any other thread related, else I'll create a new one and ping you there.. It requires some good checking so it will probably take some time, but I'll keep you updated.

Thanks!