Membership 2 Navigation Element options

Hi

i have setup a membership using Standard Membership and have unticked the options for Allow users to register and this is a paid membership, but every time i go to the settings and make sure the settings for Registration and Account are deactivated from Please select pages you want to appear in your Navigation they turn off, but then go back on as soon as i go to another setting option

this means users are sometimes seeing their account details which we don't want to happen? any ideas as to why this keeps happening?

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey Rob,

How are you doing today?

I'm not exactly sure I understand what's happening on your site, are those settings not being saved properly? When you come back to membership page in the admin settings are not set to what ever you set before?

If that's the case could you please grant us temporary admin access so I can take a look? You'll find more information on how to do that by following this link: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

If I misunderstood your issue could you please add more details so I can understand it better :slight_smile:

Looking forward for your response.

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again Rob,

I've tested this on your site and I can confirm that " Please select pages you want to appear in your Navigation" are not being saved properly but that doesn't seem to be the case for other options. This can be overridden in Appearance -> Menus where you can choose which menu items will be displayed in your site (which you probably did) so only Registration link is displayed in your menu on the front.

Are you experiencing any other issue aside from this one?

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Rob
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Bojan

thanks for the update. does this mean users will still be able to see the options we don't want them to ie. their account info? if so is there a way around this

this is the only issue we have to date so would be good to resolve if possible

thanks for the help so far!

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey Rob,

Well this is just a page so you could remove it from your admin in pages but I wouldn't suggest that as this could influence some other functionality.

Alternatively since you plan tho have a free membership did you consider using Default membership instead of a Standard one? Default membership is being applied to all registered users that don't have any other membership level and it does that automatically.

If this is going to be your setup by using Default membership you could avoid your members signing up for something that is free.

Could this work for you?

Best regards,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.