Membership 2 not changing invoice status after payment has been made

This is a Paypal IPN + Membership 2 Pro problem. I have a member who’s payment was received but the invoice status is still showing as ‘Billed’, it has not changed. Paypal sees the payment and Membership 2 transaction logs see the payment as well, but the invoice status doesn’t change. This isn’t working for one of my member who paid today but worked for other members previously.

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey Abhishek ( vangel )!

Hope you are having a great day!

Nahid here, following up from our last Live Chat session. I spoke with the developers of the plugin about the issue you are encountering and it seems they were previously reported about it. This happened because the payment was processed the first time and then the IPN was called again which resulted in creation of a new invoice for future transaction (or marked as ‘Billed:wink:. It only happens on the first payment. This issue is queued to be fixed in the upcoming release of Membership 2 Pro. For now, you can manually mark the invoice as paid and as soon as we have a workaround/fix regarding this, we’ll make sure that it is mentioned here.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance regarding this for now. Thanks!

Best,

Nahid

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey Abhishek ( vangel )!

Hope you are doing well today!

Thank you for your patience and consideration regarding the issue. To mark an invoice as paid manually, you just have to go to your WordPress Dashboard->Membership 2->Billing, select your preferred invoice and change the 'Invoice Status' to 'Paid – Payment arrived on our account!'. Here's a screenshot for reference:

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance regarding this for now. Thanks!

Best,

Nahid

• vangel
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I have a new issue. I get confirmation that a user has signed up for subscription. It shows as billed but payment gateway is blank. Also there is no subscription at Paypal

What is going on and who can help? thanks

• vangel

I got the copy of the confirmation email. Here is where it gets strange. It a confirmation of order after payment is made. But here the status says “Draft” not sure what that means. The customer received the email as well but no paypal transaction actually occurred.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there vangel,

I’m sorry for the late reply here.

In order to better inspect your settings and setup, I’d like you to provide us some WP and server access. As this is public forum, you should send us your details through our safe contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question using this template:

Subject: “Attn: Dimitris

– WordPress admin (login url/username/password)

– FTP credentials (host/username/password)

– cPanel/Plesk credentials (host/username/password)

– user ID of the last infected member (with draft payment and no payment gateway)

– link back to this thread for reference

– any other relevant urls

Keep in mind the subject line as ensures that it gets assigned to me.

Warm regards,

Dimitris

• vangel

Thank you for responding Dmitris

I have enabled support access. I only have SSH key auth so direct access to server is not possible. However I can work with you to troubleshoot as I am quite familiar with server admin. I am not familiar with wordpress/php neither do I want to be so I just want it to work. I can get on a call Chat with you. All you need to know is visible on the dashboard with support access

Does that work for you? Please let me know

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there vangel,

hope you’re doing good today!

I used support access and I wasn’t able to locate any “draft” invoices in billing section, but only some “denied” and “paid” ones.

I can also see that you’re using a live PayPal gateway, so I couldn’t proceed with any tests.

In order to better troubleshoot this, please proceed with following steps:

1) create a staging environment of this installation, into a new folder/location in the same server, using a separate database, so we could freely use this for our tests

2) in this new environment, please setup a staging PayPal gateway and if possible some FTP/SSH access details for our Second Level Support team

3) reach us in our live support page here https://premium.wpmudev.org/live-support/ and a representative of ours will be in touch with you to better troubleshoot this and get any additional information (like the exact steps you’ve done to replicate above issue).

Please keep in mind that we’re keen on having threads in our forums, specific with one member and one issue at a time, hope you understand! :slight_smile:

Warm regards,

Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.