Membership 2 not linking with subsite as being logged in

Greetings!
While testing the websites I noticed that the membership aspect isn't syncing up network wide.

I started on the subsite (lucidallusion.tamanasprings.com or lucidallusion.com) and proceeded to checkout. (Note the checkout page is for members only). As expected, I was brought to the protected content page with a link to sign up for membership.

After going through the membership sign up I went back to lucidallusion.tamanasprings.com and noticed that the menu bar (screenshot 1) hadn't changed like it was supposed to for members via the protected content manager.

Then I went to check the checkout and still had the same result as being a non member. The checkout button/page redirects me to the protected content page. (screenshot 2). However when going to the account page on the main site (tamanasprings.com) you can see that the user is part of the membership.

How come the two aren't link together network wide?

Here is a previous thread discussing what I'm doing for any pass reference!
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/profiles-memberships-accounts-whats-the-differences

Hope we can get this solved!

Much Love
Ciro Bey

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Ciro,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

After going through the membership sign up I went back to lucidallusion.tamanasprings.com and noticed that the menu bar (screenshot 1) hadn't changed like it was supposed to for members via the protected content manager.

The menu bar doesn'r change because you have added pages as menu items to them as shown in the attached screenshot which doesn't change according to whether the user is logged in or not.

I can see when logged in then it displays additional menu items Account and Logout to the menu as shown in the attached screenshot so we can just hide the Login and "Become A Member" menu items for logged in users using the following CSS code.

body.logged-in #menu-member li:first-child,
    body.logged-in #menu-member li:nth-child(3) {
      display: none;
    }

You can use the above custom CSS code by adding it in the Custom CSS option of the upfront theme as described in the below post and pdf.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Upfront_guide.pdf
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/upfront-custom-css/

Then I went to check the checkout and still had the same result as being a non member. The checkout button/page redirects me to the protected content page. (screenshot 2). However when going to the account page on the main site (tamanasprings.com) you can see that the user is part of the membership.

I logged in to your site using support staff access and could access the checkout page without any issue as shown in the third attached screenshot.

Are you facing the issue with any specific user account?

Could you please share me the checkout page URL so that i try to access it creating new test user account?

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Ciro Bey

Greetings @Vinod Dalvi

The cart page you went to was of a previous store, my apologies. The coming soon plugin/page was enabled so you weren't able to access the site. Everything is open now and support access is granted. Hopefully you can use the information I had in the first post again with better results.

Here is the link to the correct store cart page. http://lucidallusion.com/shop/cart/ when you click on checkout (not logged in as a member) you will be redirected to the protected content page. When you click on checkout (logged in as member) you should be able to check out, however that is not the case. All of the content protection rules work for the main site (tamanasprings.com) but not the subsite (lucidallusion.tamanasprings.com) when logged in as a private member.

Membership 2 is activated network wide. The only thing I have restricted is the checkout page and making items on the "member" menu (top right) disappear regarding the status of membership/logged in or out.

Hopefully I can clarify with screenshots.

Screenshot 1 shows the menu protection rules for tamanasprings.com (main site)
    Screenshot 2 shows the menu protection rules for lucidallusion.tamanasprings.com (sub-site)

Screenshot 3 shows the menu (using protection rules in screenshots above) for tamansprings.com (main site)
    Screenshot 4 shows the menu (using protection rules in screenshots above) for lucidallusion.tamansprings.com (sub-site) This shows the menu acting correctly due to the user being a visitor on the sub-site, however doesn't act correctly when logged in as a member.

*Note the menu is called "member" and is in the top right corner in a global region.

Screenshot 5 shows tamanasprings.com (main site) after signing up with a new account as a member. The menu bar is correct via the protection rules.
    Screenshot 6 shows lucidallusion.tamanasprings.com (sub-site) after signing up with a new account as a member. The menu bar is incorrect,via the protection rules, after viewing the site as a logged in member.

You should be able to checkout on the sub-site logged in as a private member via the protection rules, however you are redirected to the content protection page just as you would be as a visitor/logged in 'user'.

Screenshot 7 shows the content protection rules for the checkout page.

Hope you can help out with this! Looking forward to your reply(s).

Much Love
    Ciro Bey

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Ciro,

I'm really sorry for the delay here.

I found that issue you experienced is not related to the Membership 2 Pro, but the fact that Multisite with Domain Mapping enabled doesn't allow to cross domain login.
    So if your member (which is member on all sites) is logged to Tamana Springs site, he is logged only in Tamana Springs , and not to Lucid allusions.
    If user is logged to Lucid allusions, the he is able to do the checkout in store, and the menu shows "Account Logout" as it should be.

You need to enable "Remote Login" in the Domain Mapping option to have cross domain login working.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Ciro Bey

Greetings @Kasia Swiderska I am opening this thread back up because I am experiencing the same issue. The problem is the same issue mentioned in the OP and your suggestion in the post above:

I found that issue you experienced is not related to the Membership 2 Pro, but the fact that Multisite with Domain Mapping enabled doesn't allow to cross domain login.
      So if your member (which is member on all sites) is logged to Tamana Springs site, he is logged only in Tamana Springs , and not to Lucid allusions.
      If user is logged to Lucid allusions, the he is able to do the checkout in store, and the menu shows "Account Logout" as it should be.

You need to enable "Remote Login" in the Domain Mapping option to have cross domain login working.

Worked great. The problem came back when I disabled the plugin then re-enabled the plugin. I am not sure if there were any settings that didn't stay the same or if something was changed or not. However, here is the screenshot on how the settings look.

I also switched stripe payments in memberships to being "live" vs being in "test mode". I'm not sure that would have an effect here tho.

I do need to find a resolve for this right away however! I was notified by a customer and hadn't seen this appear again in testing (before going live with payment).

I hope you can help with this once more, looking forward to your response(s)!

Much Love
      Ciro Bey

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Ciro,

In a previous thread I was informed that the global cart option for marketpress would work with my subsite due to the domain mapping (same issue that was here).

I've checked the thread for this issue and looks like that with global cart turning on the remote login is not enough. However I will ask developer if there is workaround for this in the new MarketPress.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Ciro Bey

Greetings @Kasia Swiderska I am opening this thread back up because I am experiencing the same issue. The problem is the same issue mentioned in the OP and your suggestion in the post above:

Worked great. The problem came back when I disabled the plugin then re-enabled the plugin. I am not sure if there were any settings that didn't stay the same or if something was changed or not. However, here is the screenshot on how the settings look.

I also switched stripe payments in memberships to being "live" vs being in "test mode". I'm not sure that would have an effect here tho.

I do need to find a resolve for this right away however! I was notified by a customer and hadn't seen this appear again in testing (before going live with payment).

I hope you can help with this once more, looking forward to your response(s)!

*I moved this post down because I'm not sure the difference of a reply vs a regular post as far as visibility.

Much Love
    Ciro Bey

• Rupok

Hi Ciro

I've found that you have created a new thread here (https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membershipsusers-arent-signed-in-to-subsite-but-should-be) with the issue of your last reply. I've already replied there and will request you to check that thread for updates.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.