Membership 2 not updating user email list, saying an email is taken

I deleted an existing member, due to it not functioning properly, so we deleted the member, then went into users and deleted the user from there as well. Now when we try to re-add the member, it is saying his email is taken? even though the user email is deleted and does not show up on the member list or wordpress directory list. ??

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Toby,

Are you trying to add member in Membership 2 pro again or in the WordPress users?
    I've tried to replicate this issue, but after deleting user from WordPress users I was able to add him as new member.
    Can you try to search for this user email in database (using PhpMyAdmin) to see if its email is not stored somewhere else?
    Also I noticed that you are using older version of Membership 2 pro - could you update it?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Toby,

Could you grant support access so I could check that issue on your site? You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Did you try to search user with his email on WordPress user list? There are no results?

I would like to add it there so i can create the password. I cannot do that within the wordpress users.

Yes, you can. Although it generates password at first glance, you can change it - click "show password" button. Please see the screen.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.