Membership 2 plugin has wrong recurring cycle in paypal

We are trying to setup a recurring payment membership. We have it set to recur every year (365 days). On the website, this is displayed correctly. However, when you click the invoice to pay, on Paypal it says it will recur every 90 days instead of 365 days.

• Luís

Hi Patrick ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Actually this is a limitation on the PayPal side, they have hardcoded periods like 1 month, 1 year, 2 years, etc..and if the billing frequency doesn't match with their patterns, PayPal with display a wrong period as you mentioned. However, in the Membership 2 side, as you mentioned too, the periods are right and the user will only be billied after 365 days, however, the message can confuse the users.

Unfortunately, the only workaround is change the payment frequency from 365 days to 1 year:

Doing this, the billing frequency will match with the Paypal periods and the dates will be correct in both sides (Membership 2 and PayPal).

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other related question, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.