Membership 2 plugin trouble

Membership 2 Pro is not displaying the Custom Post type items under Protection Rules -> Custom Post type items.

• Huberson
    • Recruit

Hello there Aaron,
    Apparently that issue is cause by the php script max execution time set to 30 seconds on the server, which is a bit low. Try updating that between 120 and 300 see if that fix the problem.
    If you have access to the php.ini file you can look for the following line and increase it's value:
    max_execution_time = 300
    That can also be set in .htaccess located at the site root directory:
    php_value max_execution_time 300
    In case you can't perform the above, contact your hosting and they should be able to make these changes for you.

Also, your php version is a bit outdated , if you have the option it's best to upgrade to a more updated version. That provides some good advantages like security and compatibility with more recent tools. Always make sure you fully backup your site if you plan on upgrade.

If the issue persist after updating max execution time let us know so we can further look into this.

Kind regards,
    Huberson

• Aaron
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I have updated max execution by adding the following to my .htaccess file.

<IfModule mod_php5.c>
    php_value max_execution_time 300
    </IfModule>

I also increased the max memory in config.php for good measure.

This has NOT resolved the problem.

• Aaron

The database appears to be intact and users unaffected so far, but I have a new membership that I'm unable to assign content to, and we need it to function ASAP as we are launching a product that points to the content that should be protected by this new membership.

• Aaron

Is there any progress here? I've discovered a new issue. There are pages and pages of custom post types listed in the Custom Post Types section of the Membership settings section. We only have 6 actual groups of content, saved as custom post type posts, and 6 matching memberships. There are 700+ pages of posts called "wd_iplockout_log" listed there. I've attached a screenshot.

• Paul Kevin
      • Neo

Hello Aaron ,

Hope you are well today and sorry for the late response on this. Regarding the membership registration page not showing, I forced the permalinks to be re-generated by clicking "Save Changes" in the Permalinks page.
      Regarding the custom post types, I am currently working on a solution and will apply the fix on your site.

Warm Regards
      Paul Kevin

• Aaron

just to give a little more info, the first WPMU person I spoke with about this issue noted that deactivating the Defender plugin resolved the first issue (missing info on Protected Content / Custom Post Type page)

• Aaron

Paul Kevin thank you. This also seems to have resolved the issue where users were unable to view their registered videos, account page, or list of available memberships. However, I am still unable to view the Custom Post Types when trying to assign them to specific memberships. Attaching screenshot.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.