Membership 2 Pro 500 Error

I deleted the older version of Membership 2 Pro and installed the new one. I clicked Activate and it just sat there with the loading graphic and never seemed to finish. I opened my site in a new window and now I am getting a 500 error. How can I see what the 500 error is and resolve this? Our site was working great with Membership 2 Pro until the latest updates. We were going to go live next Monday and now our site is not usable. We cannot login or do anything unless we delete the Membership 2 Pro folder. If we can't resolve this quickly we are going to go with another plugin and would expect a refund. Please help us resolve this ASAP.

• Nastia

Hello Chad Thorp , I hope all is well!

The 500 Internal server error is the most common WordPress errors. It means that the site's resources are not enough. The PHP memory on your site is at 256M, would you please increase it, locate the line bellow inside the wp-config.php file:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

and change it to this:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '3000M');

If this will not work, please test for the conflict with another plugin, deactivate all the plugins on your site and activate the Membership 2. If everything is well, activate one plugin at a time to find the one that causes this.

Follow the steps from the flowchart:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Let me know how it went!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Sajid

Hello Chad Thorp,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I see your site is back. If you are still getting this issue then please try following steps to get it back.

1. Delete Membership 2 Pro plugin.

2. Disable all plugins at once temporarily and switch to default WordPress theme.

3. Now install Membership 2 Pro plugin from WPMU DEV -> Plugins.

4. Activate the plugin and see if it works this time.

6. Now activate the current theme and see if it works.

5. If it does then activate each plugin one by one and keep checking the frontend to see what plugin is conflicting with Membership 2 Pro plugin.

In case you are unable to figure it out then please send in FTP and WordPress admin details directly via our private contact form and I will install it on your site.

You can send the requested details via our secure contact form in following format.

Subject: "Attn: Sajid Javed”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.