Membership 2 Pro

I want the site admin to be able to accept or reject memberships - this is a free membership account. I don't seem to be able to find out how to do that

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello John,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The Membership 2 Pro plugin doesn't include "signup moderation" feature currently. There are however some workarounds.

1. You may set a membership as private so it won't be shown on a memberships list and then manually assign it to selected users.

This would make it impossible for users to signup for a membership though so you could for example add a checkbox (to check in case they wanted to signup for a membership) to the WP registration form using e.g. BuddyPress x-profile fields or Cimy User Extra Fields plugin.

2. If "membership signups" always mean "new user account signups" you could instead of above solution use a New Users Approve plugin:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/new-user-approve/

You wouldn't need to modify any site settings to use it then and new users would gain access to the site only after being approved.

3. Yet another workaround that will work would be to use two membership when one is set to be public but doesn't in fact give any access to the protected content and the second one is set to "private" and does grant the access. Then users would register for the first membership as they do now but wouldn't actually get any access to protected content.

Seeing these new signups you could "accept" them by manually granting that "secret" (private) membership.

I hope that makes sense to you :slight_smile: If you have any further questions on this, let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.