[Membership 2 Pro] additional Stripe payment options in Membership 2 Pro

Hi there,

I’m trying to activate some other payment options that Stripe is offering that are important for Germany: Giropay, Sofort and SEPA Direct Debit. Currently all I can access are credit card payments.

Current state of affairs: Patrick got some information that you need to edit some plugin files. Stripe offers a lot of information on how to implement the payments so it’s probably just a matter of patching those options into Membership 2 Pro.

Hope you can help.

Cheers,

Peter

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Peter

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

We’ve passed this question to our developers behind Membership 2 Pro so they could look into it and share some more insight on this. It would require some custom coding but I’m not sure how complex that would have to be so also whether it would be possible to just add few lines of additional code or if it would require some serious changes in plugin’s code.

They’ll let us know so please keep an eye on this ticket for further information.

Best regards,

Adam

• Peter
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Adam. Long time no read :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback. Patrick’s info yesterday made it sound like a smaller job. At least as in “not completely impossible”. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Peter

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi there Peter ,

I’m not familiar with those payment options you mentioned and we don’t have any plans to include them as far as I’m aware.

Of course, it’s possible to implement them through custom coding, and from a quick glance in the docs for Giropay, it needs to add a js script that will create the Source with the statement descriptor. Then in the Stripe charge method, it would need a way to include the id of that Source. I am not sure if there will be something changed in the response Stripe sends back after payment is completed, probably wouldn’t need any change there.

If you don’t feel comfortable on implementing this on your own, then it would be best to hire a developer for this task as this would be outside of our support scope. You may be interested on our Partners page: https://premium.wpmudev.org/partners/ We have some great deals for our members and one of them is for Codable :simple_smile:

Kind regards!

• Peter

Hi Panos,

I would assume that all Payment options would be handled from the same popup that Stripe is generating. So hopefully it would be enough to add the code that Stripe has in their docs to Membership Pro and everything else stays the same. At least in a perfect world :slight_smile:

It’s not an urgent matter to solve for me at the moment and I wouldn’t mind dabbeling with it. Could you point me to the files in Membership that I need to look at?

Cheers,

Peter

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Peter

Long time no see, indeed! :slight_smile:

I think files in /wp-content/plugins/membership-pro/app/gateway/stripe would be a good starting point as there is the entire Stripe gateway implementation.

There are also other files related to payments but I think it’s a matter of extending Stripe implementation solely rather than dealing with “Membership 2 Pro” payment handling aspects.

Best regards,

Adam

• Peter

Hi Adam, hope you’re doing well. :slight_smile:

Thanks for that. Fingers crossed it’s really only about adding a bit of code there and then Stripe will handle the rest.

And, who would have thought it: *long drumroll* – I’ve actually started creating some content for my little project instead of only messing with the technical bits :slight_smile:

Thanks again.

Peter

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.