[Membership 2 Pro] Admin Gateway Auto Renews

I currently have promotions where members will pay through a third-party and receive one year of access. At the end of this period, those subscriptions SHOULD expire, but they do not. It looks like all Admin gateway memberships automatically renew.

Am I crazy? If not, how can I stop this?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Anthony G. Cyphers

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The "admin" gateway is sort of "special" and it "overrides" everything else. If the membership is set as recurring it will automatically renew - "admin gateway" doesn't require any payment and "assumes" that the membership was granted for free even despite it being paid (there are cases where site owner wants e.g. to reward some members etc).

However, if the membership in question is set to "finite" access type, it should automatically expire at the end of the period. Since I don't have access to your site, I don't know how that membershipis set so can you confirm if it's recurring one?

If so, in order to process "3rd party payments" and "manually grant membership" it would be best to use "manual gateway". With that gateway member signs up for a membership and then instead of granting him/her a membership (which will be automatically assigned) you as an admin set relevant bill to "paid" status and that automatically activates the membership - from now on entire workflow (expiration, payment reminders, renewals etc) work like with any regular gateway, with that exception that for each "period billing" you need to set invoice status to "paid" again manually.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Anthony G. Cyphers
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Understood.

Yes, all of my memberships are finite, and all of the subscriptions in question were created by creating users, then creating invoices for those users, and finally marking those invoices as paid.

How, then, can I search all memberships currently using the Admin gateway and change them to Manual? It looks like, from what I see, that I need to export all memberships to CSV then search the CSV, then change these subscriptions manually.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Anthony,

Unfortunately, there's no option to filter the members by payment gateway and to bulk change it for the selected ones.

You can use Membership Export option to export your members as JSON or XML file, after that use any online tool to format those minified files (like these: JSON or XML) and check in them which members have admin gateway assigned.
    You will still need to go back to Membership 2 settings and change the gateway manually for those members.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Anthony G. Cyphers
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

That's what I was saying, there seems to be no way to change the Gateway from "Admin (none)". On a User's subscription page, this is a label, not a form element of any type. I've checked in Settings for the plugin and can see no way of doing this. Please provide step-by-step instructions for changing a member's subscription from Admin to Manual.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Anthony,

Apologies for the confusion here, changing the gateway is no longer possible directly from plugin settings, this directly slipped my mind, sorry about that :slight_frown:

I have forwarded this to our developers to see if we could fire up some code that will change the gateway from Admin to Manual.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Anthony G. Cyphers ,

Sincere apologies for the delay here.

As Predrag has mentioned there is no such option for changing the gateway. Since it is a change from admin to manual (and not to a system that controls payments like PayPal or Stripe) you can use a custom mu-plugin that could possible help.

You can download it from here :
    https://gist.github.com/wpmudev-sls/5d0adaa3bf567a86ca1860ae1dc6e045
    unzip it and upload the file ms_change_sub_gateway.php to your wp-content/mu-plugins folder (if that folder doesn't exist you can simply create it).

You should be able to see an new link in Subscriptions that have admin gateway, right next to "None (Admin)" that says Set to manual.

Once you click it, it should change and reload the page. After reload you should be able to notice the gateway is now Manual.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Kind regards!

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Anthony,

There's no option for that directly in the plugin, but what you can do is go to Membership 2 > All Members and export list of your members as CSV file.
    You can then open that file with Google Sheets or something similar, one of the columns will be gateway used and you can sort it by name in that column to easily find users with Admin gateway.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Stuart
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi,

So I found this quite useful as well! I was able to make those changes to my members who were listed as admin. I was curious if it's possible to make it do the same thing for members under Free Gateway? Just like how I was able to change from Admin to Manual is there a way to change from Free to Manual?

• Adam Czajczyk
      • Support Gorilla

Hi Stuart

The "Free gateway" would just be a "free membership" so if I correctly understand your goal, the way to do it would actually be to edit the membership itself and change it from "free" to "paid" and just setting "Manual" as the only available gateway for it.

If this is not a solution for you or I missed the point, could you please start a separate thread on our Support Forum about it? Please describe the case (and feel free to also include link to this one) and I believe we'll find the way to make it work for you :slight_smile:

Best regards,
      Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.