membership 2 pro - after registering and paying, users are not becoming members of the plan

Hello. I went all the way through the sign-up process as a test user, and paid for a membership with 2checkout, but I don't end up becoming a member of the plan. As in, if I go to the login page it says I'm already logged in. If I try to go to a page that I should have access to, access is denied.

In my dashboard I can see that my test user is added to "users" in wordpress as a subscriber. But if I look in Membership, the user isn't there.

If it matters, I have a shortcode on my register page so people don't have to go through both "select a membership" screens (it skips the first one). [ms-membership-register-user membership_id='370']

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @Karlie, I hope you are well!

I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue!

I can confirm it is happening on my test site, as well. I have sent it for our developers to have a closer look. As soon as there’s an update on this issue, the developer or myself will post back on this thread with an update.

Thank you for your patience!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Karlie
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks Nastia, I thought I should mention something else if it helps: I was using the free version of membership and then I tried to upgrade to the premium version by going into my FTP files. I must not have done things right because it didn't work. I then deleted the free plugin and installed the premium. I noticed when I did that, my memberships and protection were still there, even though I had read that those things would be deleted upon upgrading to the premium version.

• Karlie

Hi Nastia, it's been 2 weeks since I wrote in for support and I really need to get this resolved as my sign-up date for this membership program is in just a few days.

Here are the things I've tried:
    I created a new membership. Then as a test paid for it successfully. Again I was added into the site as a user but no membership assigned.
    I tried using a different payment gateway (paypal instead of 2checkout). Still the same problem.

I found this at the bottom of the "usage" document online. This describes my exact problem but I do not know what a cache plugin is.

Known Issues
    Cache plugins can often interfere with plugin functionality. If your users are not being assigned memberships after successfully paying and logging into your site, check if you have object cache enabled in your cache plugin. If so, add the following to the non-persistent fields/groups
    MS_Model_Membership
    MS_Model_Member
    MS_Model_Communication_Invoice

Please help soon. Thank you.

• Karlie

Hi Nastia, I realized after I wrote you that I forgot to give access to pages for the new membership that I set up. I did that and then tried paying with both 2checkout and paypal again, and it worked with paypal. So it appears the issue is with 2checkout.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @Karlie, I hope you are well today!

I'm apologies for late reply!

Yes, this issue is happening with 2checkout only. I have tested on my site without any cache plugins. But thank you very much for the time you spent to troubleshoot this issue. I know for a fact that our developers are working on this right now :slight_smile:

I'm glad that you found a temporary solution by using PayPal service. Please keep updating the plugin, this fix may come out in the next Membership 2 Pro update.

Thank you for your patience!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @Karlie, I hope you are well today!

Please accept my sincere apologies for late reply!

I have spoken with the developer about this issue, turns out that the reason of this issue, is incomplete 2Checkout setup.

Please visit 2 Checkout account, navigate to Account - > Site Management and put the following into the Approved URL field:
    http://yoursite.com/registration-complete/

Please make sure that you have set the Global Url as well, navigate to your Settings, as it's shown in the attached2checkoutSettings.png screenshot.
    The Global URL is:
    http://yoursite.com/ms-payment-return/2checkout

Please replace yoursite.com with your site URL

Let us know if this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.