Membership 2 Pro and BuddyPress registration workflow

I'd like to use BuddyPress for the xProfile Field functionality and I use Membership 2 Pro already. I installed BuddyPress and I enabled the BuddyPress Integration in Membership 2 > Add-ons. I enabled both "Use BuddyPress Registration" and "Show xProfile Fields".

1. Can you please explain the workflow that I should be expecting for a new user to follow when registering for membership on my site?

2. Can you please discuss the various page settings for both plugins? That is, what should be selected for the following pages and how do these pages interact with each other?:
a. Membership 2 > Settings > General > Membership 2 Pages > Registration
b. Membership 2 > Settings > General > Membership 2 Pages > Account
c. Settings > BuddyPress Pages > Register
d. Settings > BuddyPress Pages > Activate

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Douglas,

I enabled both "Use BuddyPress Registration" and "Show xProfile Fields".

Only one option is necessary - "Use BuddyPress Registration" is used when you want to actually use BuddyPress registration form (it looks differently than Membership 2 registration). "Show xProfile Fields" is used when you want to still use Membership 2 registration page but with fields from BuddyPress.

Can you please explain the workflow that I should be expecting for a new user to follow when registering for membership on my site?

Workflow will be the same - only the registration page will be replaced with BuddyPress one. Selecting and checking out for membership will be the same as with only Membership.

2. Can you please discuss the various page settings for both plugins? That is, what should be selected for the following pages and how do these pages interact with each other?:

You have to have separate pages for all of those options. If you don't have pages for BuddyPress, you have to create new, empty pages and select them inside BP options.
    You have to remember that with BuddyPress you need two separate registration pages. You can't set the same page you are using in Membership be be used in the BuddyPress.
    Activation page wont be used because with Membership 2 activation is no longer needed.
    Membership 2 Account page wont interact with BuddyPress. That is separate page, should not be used in any BuddyPress settings - it contains only information related to membership.

BuddyPress integration allows to
    a) use xProfile fields in registration
    b) use BP registration form instead of one in Membership 2
    c) protect BuddyPress pages with Membership 2

Let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Douglas

Kasia,

Thanks for the help. I think my confusion stems from minimal understanding of both Membership 2 Pro and BuddyPress.

I was only interested in BuddyPress for the additional profile fields, but I understand that I can obtain similar functionality through other plugins without the additional overhead of BuddyPress. I uninstalled BuddyPress and will be seeking out alternative options.

• Nithin

Hello Daniel,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Are the “Default Membership” and “Guest Membership”options deprecated?

No they aren't deprecated. Sounds like it's related to the Speed up results options enabled in the plugin settings, under Membership 2 > Settings > General

Please check whether disabling the mentioned options bring this the Guest, and Default Membership back. Speed up results caches current data for 12 hours, and hence you aren't seeing the changes when enabled, this is something which will be improved in the next plugin update, until that would recommend you to disable the above mentioned feature when you are making any changes within the plugin settings.

If that isn't the case, and you still have issues with Guest, and Default Memberships not appearing, then please open a new chat with us, so that we could give a closer look, if needed.

Have a great day ahead. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.