Membership 2 Pro and Mailchimp

I’m having a problem to get my Membership 2 Pro and Mailchimp Add-on, the member is not being added on List, can you help me?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Eric Johnson

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

I checked your staging site and I’m assuming there are no significant differences in current Membership 2 Pro configuration in comparison to the live site, right? If yes, please try a simple change:

I noticed that in main MailChimp configuration in the plugin (on “Membership 2 -> Settings -> MailChimp”:wink: page you got MailChimp connected but all the lists there are set to “None” while then you’re trying to set the lists “per membership”.

This “should” be fine but there’s been an issue in the plugin that caused troubles with adding members to the lists if there was no list selected in aforementioned plugin settings. Therefore, please select some list on “Membership 2 -> Settings -> MailChimp” page first, at least for the “Registered users mailing list” but preferably for all three options there. Once that’s set, then either select “Default’ or an specific list for your memberships in memberships’ settings and see if that works.

Note: I’d suggest trying it on the live site too in case on staging it didn’t work for you. Staging site is behind HTTP auth and that might affect API communication with MailChimp.

Let me know, please, if that worked for you.

Best regards,

Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Eric Johnson

Thank you for your response!

I checked the site again and I see that you now have a list assigned to each option on “Membership 2 -> Settings -> MailChimp” page and that’s fine. However, when I checked specific memberships, they all have – unless I missed something – MailChimp list set to “Default”.

This would mean that a member would be assigned to the list specified in “Membership 2 -> Settings -> MailChimp” settings and would be an expected outcome.

If you assign some other lists, instead of “Default”, to your memberships, those lists should be used. When I mentioned an issue that we had with the plugin before, I mean that lists “must” be selected in general settings even if you want to use specific lists for the specific memberships :slight_smile:

That said, since I see “Default” set for all memberships, have you tried to actually keep current setting on “Membership 2 -> Settings -> MailChimp” page (so your F…. Main list there) and set a specific list – different than “Default” and different than “F…. Main” – for some membership?

As it doesn’t seem to be set like that at the moment, I just want to make sure.

Best regards,

Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Eric Johnson

Thank you for confirmation and I’m sorry I missed it. I was pretty sure I checked all of them but apparently I didn’t.

I did check it again now but I must admit I’m a bit out of ideas now. I’ve asked our developers for help with the case so they’d check it and lend us a hand.

Please keep track of this ticket and we’ll update you here as soon as we get to know more from them.

Best regards,

Adam

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Eric Johnson !

Was testing this on your staging site (replaced temporarily the Mailchimp API key). This was happening indeed in version 1.1.5. I then tested with latest version in github, 1.1.6 and seems to be working fine. Attaching the built version here so you don’t need building from github clone.

I would suggest to

1. first test this out on your staging too a few times to confirm it is working fine on your side too

2. Download the zip from here

3. In your live site deactivate temporarily the plugin and rename the current it’s folder to something like Membership-pro-1.1.5 (in wp-content/plugins folder)

4. From the network admin of the live site install the zippped file you downloaded

5. Activate and do a few tests there to confirm it is working there to

After replacing the plugin let us know if you still have this issue.

Kind regards!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.