Membership 2 Pro Auto generates password in lost password.

Hello,

When I reset my password, and then click the link I get in e-mail to reset the password, it takes me to a page where it asks for a new password. In that page it auto generates a new and random password. I don’t want it to auto generate a new password for the user, instead I want them to type it on their own. Can you please tell me how to stop it from pre-filling the password? It is also required that the password can be as simple as they like. I understand it can be a security issue, but I still want it to be easy for them if they want.

Thank you,

– Raman

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Raman, hope you had a wonderful day.

Hope you had a wonderful day.

This is not related with Membership 2 Pro. This is native WordPress feature to suggest a password while you are on the password reset page. I searched for a solution, got couple of suggestion but nothing worked in my test site. I think I’m missing the proper hook in password reset form. Our SLS (Second Level Support) people are very expert and they can solve it faster than us. So I’m flagging our SLS team. I believe, they will come up with a solution very soon.

Please keep in mind, our SLS Team work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and release a fix.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• Panos
    • SLS

Hello techie2566 ,

As Rupok has already mentioned this is not related to Membership plugin, it’s a WordPress core feature that had high popularity in requests and finally got in :slight_smile:

I do understand why you may want to allow your users to have simpler passwords for their own convenience but in time I believe that everyone should start using stronger passwords and resets them every now and then.

WordPress provides a hook “validate_password_reset” which unfortunately will not fit your needs as you can only add things using it, you don’t have any access to the output of the form.

The only way this can be achieved is be removing the Javascript script which alters the default behaviour. You can try adding following snippet in your theme’s functions.php file or in a custom plugin or in a php file (eg custom-functions.php) in mu-plugins folder:

function wpmudev_dequeue_uprofile_script() {
    wp_dequeue_script( 'user-profile' );
    }
    add_action( 'wp_print_scripts', 'wpmudev_dequeue_uprofile_script', 100 );

Let us know how this goes :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Panos

• techie2566
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Rupok,

Hope you having a good day :slight_smile:.

Thank you for your reply, I was thinking it might be a feature of Membership2Pro. Thanks for clarification.

Hi Panos,

I hope you are having a good day too :slight_smile:.

Thank you for helping, I will try the code on a test site and let you know if it works.

– Raman

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi techie2566,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

although we managed to worked with the auto fill functionality.

Glad to know you found a workaround. Sorry to know that the above code didn’t work, please let us know, if you want us to troubleshoot this issue further. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.