Membership 2 Pro - "Billing Cycle Frequency" Issue

Greetings:

We have an issue with the "Billing Cycle Frequency" via the Membership 2 Pro plugin. We have member subscriptions from 12/31/2015 - 12/31/2016 (annually) through "PayPal Standard Gateway." Now on PayPal, the payment details show: Total Cycles - 1, Billing Cycles - 0, and Cycle frequency - Every 90 Days. Does this indicate members going to be billed again after 90 days? We need to have members billed once annually, as noted above. Please advise. Thank you in advance.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @Will, I trust you are well!

Would you please grant support access from your Dashboard > WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access so that I can look at the membership settings?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please tell me to which membership this user is assigned to. I will test it on my site once I see your settings.

Please post here once you enable access.

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @Will Burley, I hope you are doing well today!

Thank you for granting access!

I was able to confirm the same on my site, using the PayPal Sandbox account, and have sent it for our developers to have a look. As soon as there’s an update on this issue, the developer or myself will post back on this thread with an update.

Please note that, developer response might be slower than usual staff response, so we really appreciate your patience on this.

Have a nice day and take care :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Will Burley
    • New Recruit

Hello,

Thank you for the response. The organization that has this "90-Day Billing Cycle Issue" via the membership 2 plugin is getting rather restless as it does not want its members to be billed again in March, which is literally a couple of weeks away. I understand solutions take time, but it's going to be 3 months since I brought this problem to the developers' attention without any type of solution and there is a real sense of urgency to get this fixed. Please advise. Thank you.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Will, I hope you are doing well today!

I apologize for the delay here. I have flagged our developers again.

We did some further investigation about this issue and it's actually a limitation in PayPal Standard gateway, you can't set your membership for 395 days. It has to be 1-90 days, 1-24 months, 1-52 weeks or 1-5 years.
    For sure, the user will have access normally to the membership's content till 12/31/2016.

Using PayPal Single gateway should not have this issue.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Will Burley
    • New Recruit

Hello,

Thank you for the prompt response. So, I switched from PayPal Standard gateway to PayPal Single gateway. The existing membership parameters with the PayPal Single gate are as follows:

The Membership Requires
    One Payment for Date Range Access

Grant Access From
    2015-12-31 - 2016-12-31

Hopefully this will resolve the "90-Day Billing Cycle" issue? Additionally, I understand per the plugin, "This membership already has some paying members. Any changes will affect new invoices but not existing ones." That said, how do I switch over "existing members" to PayPal Single gateway? And, how do I prevent them from being billed come March under the PayPal Standard gateway? Please advise. Thank you in advance.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @willburley3,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Hopefully this will resolve the "90-Day Billing Cycle" issue?

Yes, this will fix the issue for future members.

That said, how do I switch over "existing members" to PayPal Single gateway

If you don't want to charge them again then you can simply add them manually in new permanent membership from Membership 2 > All Members select members you want to add, then select membership from bulk actions dropdown and click apply.

And, how do I prevent them from being billed come March under the PayPal Standard gateway?

I discussed with the developer and he said the best way is write an email newsletter to all those members and request them to cancel their membership to stop being billed on next payment cycle. Unless they would not cancel it they would keep charging the payments on each payment cycle.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.