membership 2 pro & Buddy Press

Hi,

I am in the process of setting up a site which uses buddy press with membership 2 pro. The idea being i can have a free trial period and the charge on a month by month basis for the subscription to stay live. I am using xprofile customer fields for members addresses to show them on google maps. But i only want them to show up if the member is within the free trial period or has paid the subscription. I want to be able to suspend members that don't pay their bill or cancel their subscription!! is this possible? How do you suspend a member with membership 2 pro??

Thanks
Max

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello Max-

I understand that you are using Buddypress correct? If so, be sure to go to your wordpress dashboard and find Membership 2 > Add-ons and activate the BuddyPress Integration, in addition to that in order to utilize shortcode protection you will want to activate the Shortcode Protection add-on. See image below:

In order to protect your content from non-subscribed users you will want to go to the page in question and wrap the content that you want to hide in the shortcode they provide. This is how my example looks. You will want to go to Membership 2 > Memberships and find shortcodes to the far right. See image below:

I want to be able to suspend members that don't pay their bill or cancel their subscription!! is this possible? How do you suspend a member with membership 2 pro??

You can Manage all Subscribed members by going to Membership 2 > All members. There you can filter out members based on their subscription, furthermore you can see if the member has an active membership, cancelled, trial, or expired through here.

When a membership expires they will be moved to Restrict access to Visitor-Level, you can control these options when editing your memberships. See image below:

Let me know how this works for you!

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

• Max

Thanks for you reply, however I am not sure I explained myself properly! I have integrated buddypress and membership 2 pro. And I understand I can filter members status, but the member profile / location on google maps will be viewable by the public.... the idea being that members profiles are like an advert of there services that can be located by location on google maps using Geo my Wp and profile custom fields for the address.... as such if the membership expires or payment is missed then I don't want their profile / location hidden....

Hopefully I've explained mt problem a little better?
    Thanks
    Max

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello Max-

Could you please grant us temporary support access to your website so we can have a better look of your setup and settings? You can grant us access via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin, there's no need to share credentials. Here's our detailed documentation page about it:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4

We'll wait for your confirmation reply here, as we don't get any notification when a member is granting us support access. We could then dig in and further investigate this!

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello Max-

I set up an example on the maps page where I blocked the content to only registered users, and pointed them to a registration form so they can subscribe to your content. You will have to take your site off of construction mode and if using google chrome, then go incognito and view it from a basic users point of view to see the blocked content message or use a different browser. You would not see this as an admin user. That is one way of restricting the basic user from gaining access to that content. This can potentially be a work around to what you are trying to accomplish.

As for the suspension, it is automatic as I mentioned. Once a member defaults on a loan, they are pushed back to a basic subscription.

I can't really speak for GEO my WP and how well it integrates with Membership 2.

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

• Max

You have completely mis understood my requirement!!

1.The site will be useable by anybody to search for beauty therapists.
      2. The members will be the beauty therapists
      3. These members will be able to have a buddypress profile to showcase there services and their location!!
      4. Geo My WP is only for the mapping of active members!!
      5. The Members (beauty therapists) get a 60 day free trial during which time there buddypress profile is viewable.... should they not then start to pay for their membership, or at any point in the future should they cancel their membership then their buddypress profile needs to be removed from an active status back to a pending status so they no longer are visible on the site by the general public.

Having buddypress integrated with member 2 pro as the membership module this is the functionality i am questioning??

hopefully that is a little clearer...

The changes you have made don't reflect my requirement

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello Max-

The integration of Membership 2 to the BuddyPress plugin is limited to protection rules, which can be found in Membership 2 > Protection Rules. Using the BuddyPress registration form in place of our plugins form and the showing of xProfile Fields in membership account page.

Unfortunately there is no out of box automatize solution to integrate with buddypress and Membership 2 that determines once a membership defaults on payments or chooses not to pay after their free trial, it places the profile within buddypress or any of its profile add-ons to inactive or pending.

That is a great idea and perhaps this could be implemented in future updates. At this time our plugin is not capable of providing that type of functionality. I will set this thread to "Features and Feedback".

If you wish to hire a developer to add this functionality for you then I recommend checking out our members only Jobs Board: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/ - you can hire a developer from within the community there

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello Max-

That is a great idea, and although we do offer that option in members area of the Membership 2 plugin. (The option to filter active, free-trial, expired, cancelled) Unfortunately, we do not have a direct out of box solution of communicating with buddypress or its profile add-ons at that level of functionality. Have you looked into a plugin that offers an out of box to all your solutions? Trying to take 3 or more plugins and make them work as one entity can be a daunting task.

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

• Max

I'm actually only looking to get two plugins working together properly those being buddypress and membership 2 pro... the 3rd plugin simply provides the mapping. If i can get m2p and BP working together correctly then the 3rd element of mapping will happen automatically due to the nature of it. The communication between m2p and Bp really is incomplete in as much as it relies on restriction rather than a seemingly much simpler solution of changing a BP profile status to inactive... it does half the job in allowing the creation of the profile and relating it to a paid membership but then doesn't manage the profile moving forward... i guess you would have the same problem if you wanted to have different levels of membership... say for a subscriber level or an editor level you would have the same problem you because you would not be able to change the buddypress level / group to allow for a membership upgrade for example....

I guess it is made even more frustrating and dissappointing by the fact that the BP and M2P with google maps combination was actually recommended by Adam Czajczyk one of your team when I was initially looking into how i could put this solution together.

Regards
    Max

• Max

Hi Ken,

Can you please share which DB table holds a members status and the relevant fields values.... I need to identify the members that have an expired status. This will allow me to create a mysql trigger to update the user role. I am now able to filter the Map results to hide a certain user status. The trigger will allow me to sync the M2P status with an inactive wp user status and hence provide me with the result i am looking for.

Many Thanks
    Max

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello Max-

Try going to Membership 2 > Add Member, then add a test user to a subscription. Now you should be able to see where the data is stored in the database. Try looking under the table wp_usermeta, then under the fields user_id, meta_key, meta_value. You can see the members ID number, and its assigning meta_key and the value added to that key. See image below:

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

• Max

Hi Ken,

Is it possible that you could provide the query that identifies a subscription as expired??
    I have looked at the Meta Data but to say it is a challenge is an understatement. This is obviously a script that you use as there is a section for expired members in the members section of the plugin. where you can select All users |Active subscription |Cancelled |Trial (1) |Expired (1)

I simply need the SQL query to identify the expired as shown above.

Many Thanks
    Max