[Membership 2 Pro] Buddypress/membership conflict?

Hi. We currently have Buddypress installed for people who wish to contribute editorial content, stories, features.

We are adding a creators network which is different than just writing features but an on-going community of people collaborating together, sort of a Github type of thing for producers. One component of this community would be paid for membership. What do I do? Do I add Membership and enable a certain level or series of levels or is there something else I should be looking into technology wise. Thank you.

Steven

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Steven

Hope all is well!

The Membership 2 plugin is integrated with BuddyPress plugin and there should be no conflict. If you’re looking for a way to give to members the ability to write and publish posts on the back end, enable “Member Capabilities” add-on from Membership 2 > Add-ons.

From Membership 2 > Protection Rules > User Role, assign a user role to a created membership, this way members if this membership will have higher capabilities. You can create custom user roles with the User Role Manager:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-role-editor/

If this is not what you’re looking for, please give us more information about the site’s future set up.

Kind regards,

Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.