Membership 2 Pro + Caldera Forms for Subscription Site Registration

Hi there!

I've been searching through your documentation, Support, and elsewhere on the Internet and am having some trouble finding what I'm looking for. Maybe partially because I am new to Wordpress and also have not ever set up user accounts before.

I'm setting up a membership based website, where some content is hidden if you are not a paid member. I'm using Caldera Forms and plugins for some other functionality on the site, and I'd like to let users sign up on a Caldera Form and then go through the Membership2 registration process. I've seen some posts about using Membership2 with Gravity Forms, but nothing on Caldera?

I am wondering if there are any of the following:
- a code snippet that acts as a processor for the form to assign the user to a Membership account not the regular WP Use
- another plugin I should be using to connect Caldera and Membership2, like BuddyPress or Caldera User Plugin [Full Disclosure: I have not tried the User plugin yet; I was hoping to see if it is known to work before I purchased]
- a shortcode I could use in the form or as a button that comes up at the end of the form (in lieu of the submit button?)
- something I haven't mentioned!

Thanks so much for your help in advance!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Think Build,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

If you're going to use a registration form other than the default WP form or BuddyPress form, please add this line to your current theme "functions.php" file:

add_filter('ms_frontend_handle_registration', '__return_false');

You may also need to select the page that includes the registration form as a "Registration" page on "Membership -> Settings -> General" page.

This should let you use your custom signup form with Membership 2 plugin.

- a code snippet that acts as a processor for the form to assign the user to a Membership account not the regular WP Use

There's no separate user database for Membership and for WordPress. Members are regular WP users and the Membrship 2 Pro plugin only takes care of the content availability on a basis of the membership assigned to the member.

Therefore, there's no need for such a code snippet. The workflow is:
    - user selects a membership he/she wants to join from available memberships
    - if is not a registered user, is redirected to registration form and registers (that creates standard WP user account)
    - user is granted selected membership.

- another plugin I should be using to connect Caldera and Membership2, like BuddyPress or Caldera User Plugin [Full Disclosure: I have not tried the User plugin yet; I was hoping to see if it is known to work before I purchased]
    - a shortcode I could use in the form or as a button that comes up at the end of the form (in lieu of the submit button?)

See my explanation above please. That'd be not necessary, unless you're willing to "force" specific membership to all newly registered members.

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam

• Think Build

hi adam!

Thanks so much for getting back to me so soon and with great detail, it means a lot.

I just want to make sure that I am following correctly. I have setup a user registration form with Caldera Forms and their User add on which registers a new user. I added the snippet as directed and set the Registration page accordingly, but once the user registers, nothing follows their submission saying that they need to subscribe.

I tried both leaving the original snippet of the registration page there as well as taking it off. What I'd like to happen is for them to fill out the simple user registration form (email and password) and on submit, they are directed to sign up for the subscription options so that they are only signed up if they pay for their subscription. Is this how it should work, am I missing a field that would make this work or is this something that needs to be custom programmed?

updated:
    The other thing I should mention is that Caldera has payment gateways that I could use in the form, but I'm unclear as to whether their payment would be acknowledged by your Membership2 Pro plugin.

thanks again!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Think Build!

Caldera payment gateways will not work with Membership 2 Pro . Membership must use its own built-in payment solution in order to be able to create and manage payment subscriptions (which are created at payment gateway side.

As for subscribing for membership. I admit I didn't have a chance to test it with Calder, though the solution I suggested is a pretty "universal" way that should work here. That said, let me know please:

1. What happens if you direct your "soon to be users" to /memberships page first (before registration)?
    2. What if the (before registration) visit the page that's protected with "Protection Rules"?
    3. After they register, can they visit /memberships page and signup for a membership?

Knowing this, I'll know if a Membership 2 Pro plugin is working correctly and will let me suggest further steps.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.