Membership 2 Pro coupons expiring on wrong date

Hi,
We found coupons are expiring and not using the date/time of the website for the expiration time and date of the coupon. We are also using Events + and need coupons for events. They are having the same issue there too. The site is using Paypal.
Thanks

• Rupok

Hi Todd,

We found coupons are expiring and not using the date/time of the website for the expiration time and date of the coupon

This is very weird. Are they expiring early or late? To regenerate the same issue on my test site, I've created a coupon and set expiry date to tomorrow [8 Oct, 2016]. I'll check my site tomorrow again and will try to see if it works. I'll also check the day after tomorrow and see if it still works. I've searched our system but didn't find anyone else reporting this.

I would like to check your site configuration to get idea about your setup. I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

One important thing, can you remember what number did you set in "Max uses" box while creating that coupon which is not honoring expiry date? Can you please make sure that your max uses is not crossed before the expiry date. In that case, coupon will stop working before it's expiry date, which is expected behavior.

Please let us know when you are done granting Support Access. If I can regenerate this same issue in my test site, I'll report to our developer as confirmed bug. I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Mozaic

This is very weird. Are they expiring early or late? To regenerate the same issue on my test site, I've created a coupon and set expiry date to tomorrow [8 Oct, 2016]. I'll check my site tomorrow again and will try to see if it works. I'll also check the day after tomorrow and see if it still works. I've searched our system but didn't find anyone else reporting this.

Early

One important thing, can you remember what number did you set in "Max uses" box while creating that coupon which is not honoring expiry date? Can you please make sure that your max uses is not crossed before the expiry date. In that case, coupon will stop working before it's expiry date, which is expected behavior.

zero (unlimited)

Please let us know when you are done granting Support Access. If I can regenerate this same issue in my test site, I'll report to our developer as confirmed bug. I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

You already have access from another ticket.
    thanks

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Todd,

You left only one subsite name in support message, but it looks like its related to another thread - however that subsite also had events+ and membership 2 pro enabled, so I checked this one.
    Coupons expired on that site because start and end date are the same.

You opened that thread on 6th, so coupons did expired, but it was correct according to date (however I might be checking wrong subsite - in that case I will need right url).

We are also using Events + and need coupons for events.

Events+ does not have coupon feature. Coupons can be used in MarketPress - and MarketPress has integration with Events+ - so both plugins can be combined ).
    Other solution is to set different price for members of the memberships - Events+ also has integration with Membership 2 Pro.
    Events+ has add-ons for both plugins integration: Payments via MarketPress Products and Membership 2 Integration.
    But coupons only for Events+ are not available.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Todd,

I checked in database and expiration and start date are not holding hours - so setting coupon for expiration for today will expire it immediately. Workaround here is it add one day more to expiration so it will work today and will expire tomorrow.
    I will check with developer if its possible to change that so it will be midnight to midnight, but it might require rewriting whole add-on so quick snippet code wont be option.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Todd,

That is bug with dates. I'm testing now on start date for today and expiry for tomorrow and now I'm getting " This Coupon is not valid yet." even if my server and local time are correct - I had to set it for day before today and tomorrow. It looks like its failing on those very short periods.
    I have to admit I always tested on longer periods and it was working.
    I'm reporting this to developers and asking for fix.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.