[Membership 2 Pro] Customis the members login

Trying to create a specific registration form but can't get it to connect

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Kathryn Douglas

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Would you please explain a bit more what do you mean by "trying to create a specific registration form"?

If you want to register users for a specific (pre-defined) membership to skip membership selection you can actually either use a direct link like that:

yoursite.com/register/?membership_id=123

where "register" is your Membership 2 Pro registration page slug and 123 should be replaced with selected membership ID.

The other option is to use a registration form shortcode on any page/post, like this:

[ms-membership-register-user membership_id="123"]

where 123 is a membership ID.

If that's not exactly an answer to your question, please explain a bit more what exactly are you trying to achieve and I'll be happy to help.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Kathryn Douglas

Ok what I'm trying to do is create a custom registration form but it's doesn't allow it I tried the buddy press integration but it causes problems. I've added what I'm trying to create. I made it in forminator
    I'll give access if you want to see.

All up I want new Beauty guides to register and have to complete a course before they can move up and get access to everything. Once they have completed the first course they move to Beauty Guide membership.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Kathryn Douglas

Thanks for explanation.

Our Forminator doesn't support registration forms yet. It's a planned feature but at this moment it won't be possible to connect it with Membership 2 Pro registration unless you go for a custom development (coding) based on an API of both plugins. However, I think you might want to go a different route for now.

You mentioned that you tried to use BuddyPress but it caused problems. Would you mind describing the issues a bit more? The BuddyPress seems to be a good match for such use and in fact is often used for that.

The profile fields tool built-in into the BP would let you create all necessary fields and with Membership 2 Pro it's possible to e.g. choose which fields should be used during registration and which should be mandatory or not.

I understand that it didn't work quite well for you but I think we could try this: if you would enable BuddyPress back, create all additional (non native to WP) fields that you want to use, tell me what issues/problems did you encounter so far and then enable support access to the site (to do this, go to the WPMU DEV -> Support page in site's back-end and click on "Grant Support Access" button), I'd be happy to take a closer look and I believe we would be be able to sort that out :wink:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.