[Membership 2 Pro] Dripped content membership - release content based on member's join date

I'd like to create a course programme on my website and have content made available for example once per week. So when someone joins they can access week 1 content straight away but they can only access week 2 content after they have been a member for a week and so on. So the content is released to a member based on when they joined as opposed to released to everyone in that membership at the same time. Is this possible with the dripped content membership?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey nifty,

Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

With Membership 2 when you set up a dripped membership you can choose between two options on how do you want to protect your content, at the certain day, or based on the start of the subscription.

So basically you can select Page1 to be available 1 week after member has subscribed, then select Page2 to two weeks after the subscription starts and so on.

Hope this will suit your needs :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Deb

Thanks for additional explanation but let me first make sure that I correctly understand it.

Basically, let's say that I joined your site as a member on Sep 2nd 2018. I should have access to all pages that were published on Sep 2nd and later on as long as my membership is active. That should be all/any pages published during that time, right?

But I shouldn't have access to any pages that were published before Sep 2nd and - obviously - after my membership expires.

Now, let's say my colleague joined as a member, for one month straight only, on Jul 15th. He shouldn't have access to any pages published before Jul 15th but should have access to all published from Jul 15th to Sep 14th then.

Does that sound about right?

If yes, then this would be sort of "dynamic" protection and membership 2 Pro is not capable of protecting any content based on its publication date in reference to the subscription start/end dates.

This could, I believe, be achieved but it would require custom coding based on Membership 2 API. There should actually be two memberships on site - both regular, non-dripped - where one should protect all the pages and should not be public (so nobody could signup for it) and the other one should protect no pages and be public.

Your users would sign up for that second one - public - members and that wouldn't give them access to any pages. However, then the custom script would have to be running on site that would work in that way:

- if a current user visits the page and the publication date is with his subscription dates, that user is automatically assigned that other, non-public, membership; this way they would automatically get access
    - then on expiration of the membership that he signed up for (the public one) that non-public, automatically given membership should also have to be automatically cancelled for that member.

So, that would be doable but it's quite a bit of custom coding. I've attached a Membership 2 Pro API docs to this ticket in case you wanted to give it a try but if you need it to be coded for you, please consider posting a job request as it's the level of custom development that's outside the scope of this support, I'm afraid.

I believe you could find a decent developer who could help you with this at Codeable.io. You can also grab some nice discount for the first job there from our Partners page here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/partners/

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.