[Membership 2 Pro] Editing button labels and shortcodes

So I have a few questions about editing Membership 2Pro content:
1. How do I edit button labels? For example Instead of "Signup" I'd like to say "Register for a free account" instead of "Submit" Id like to say "Finish Your Registration", etc. and also the copy auto generated in the shortcode? (see also #3)
2. Where would the files listed in the Template Hierarchy (Membership 2 > Help > Customize Membership 2) be located in the plugin? Where would I find them to edit? Can I just copy them to my child theme to edit? Do I have to put them in a directory there? Or just placing them in the child theme root work?
3. Can I edit the shortcodes? Would I be able to add them the same way to my child theme and edit them there?

• Ash

Hello gediweb

1. How do I edit button labels? For example Instead of "Signup" I'd like to say "Register for a free account"

Edit the register page and replace the shortcode [ms-membership-signup] with the following:

[ms-membership-signup membership_signup_text="Register for a free account"]

instead of "Submit" Id like to say "Finish Your Registration"

Where do you see "Submit"? Would you please put a full page screenshot?

2. Where would the files listed in the Template Hierarchy (Membership 2 > Help > Customize Membership 2) be located in the plugin? Where would I find them to edit? Can I just copy them to my child theme to edit? Do I have to put them in a directory there? Or just placing them in the child theme root work?

You can create those files at the root of the child theme or parent theme and there you can edit. You don't need to put them in any directory, but at root of the theme.

To edit, you can copy the default template. For example, if you want to edit membership list page, you can copy single-page, rename it to m2-memberships.php and make a different layout there.

Please note that, this is for the page layout, not the parsed content layout. If you want to modify the inner content layout, you need to use the templates files in /wp-content/plugins/membership-pro/app/view/templates/ directory. You can copy those files, go to your theme's root folder, create a folder called membership and put those files inside that folder. And then you can make your edit.

3. Can I edit the shortcodes? Would I be able to add them the same way to my child theme and edit them there?

I am sorry, I didn't understand the question. Would you please explain with an example?

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• gediweb

Wow! Thank you Ash for such an on-point answer (first time around) That's great.

So here is a specific example. I'm using invitation code for the membership. The problem is it takes you through so many screens before you actually registered. I feel it will be confusing to people.
    1. When you go to register, It gives you the only level we have & prompts you to sign up
    - can't I send them directly to the registration page? If they're there, they know what they're signing up for.
    2. Next screen, you fill out your info and it says "Register My Account" -deceptive because you think you're done.
    3. Next screen you're prompted for the invitation code
    4. Yet another screen that says that You're using invitation code. "Sign Up"
    (screenshot : https://snag.gy/oYmq2y.jpg)
    5. then the final screen. Thank you page.

-My question was how do I change for example the "signup" button label on the step 4 above (also in the screenshot). To say "Final step to register" or "finish registration"
    - And also if I can skip initial screen where they choose the plan and go directly to the registration?
    It's just that it's so many screens that the system takes you through that I'm afraid we're going to loose people along the way.

My ideal for the registration process above is to skip #1 & #3, #4 include the invitation code into the registration form itself and go directly to the thank you page. Would be simple and quick.

Hope that all makes sense.

My other question about editing the shortcodes:
    Never mind. You already answered it. It's the inner content templates in app/view/templates/

Thanks!

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello gediweb,

- And also if I can skip initial screen where they choose the plan and go directly to the registration?

Yes, that is possible. There are two shortcodes that can help you with that:

[ms-membership-buy id="1735"]
    [ms-membership-register-user membership_id="1713"]

the first will display button that will go directly to the registration form for specific membership (no need to first select membership from the list). The second shortcode will simply display the registration form for specific membership - again there will be no list for selecting membership first.
    id=XX is the id of your membership.

-My question was how do I change for example the "signup" button label on the step 4 above (also in the screenshot). To say "Final step to register" or "finish registration"

I'm afraid there is no option to change that in the plugin. However, it should be possible with the translation files. Since your site is in English, you would translate it to English and only change text string you want to have different and then upload translation files into /wp-content/languages/plugins
    You can download translation files from the translation page https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/membership2

This kind of workaround, but it doesn't require code changes or installing additional plugins.

#4 include the invitation code into the registration form itself and go directly to the thank you page.

I'm afraid that this is not possible at the moment with Membership 2 Pro.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.