Membership 2 Pro Email Notification Issue

User “Iron Horse Brewery” (++++@iron++++++brewery.com) paid their 2019 brewery membership dues for “> 15,000 bbls” on 3/13/19, and I deactivated their old “> 5,000 bbl” membership on 3/13/19. WordPress sent them the following message this morning This is just a reminder that your “Brewery – Annual Production > 5,000 bbl” membership at WA Brewers Guild will end in 6 days. Could you please look into this, and see why they are still receiving messages like this on their previous membership that has been deactivated?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Tony,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I gave a closer look regarding this, and the deactivated, and activated memberships do look fine. I’m bringing this into our developer’s attention, to check whether there is anything specific that could be causing this.

Will keep you posted once I get further feedback regarding this asap. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Tony,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Our developer did give a closer look and was able to notice that the “Subscription – Before Expires” email template enabled before was causing this, and it would send an email notification when the membership finishes too.

This should only occur once. I could notice at the moment that all email templates are disabled on the plugin side. Just to be sure, does the mentioned email message got sent more than twice?

If it’s only once, then it shouldn’t be an issue, and it was triggered as part of the deactivation process. Please do let us know if there’s anything being missed, and will make sure to give a closer look, if needed.

Regards,

Nithin

• Tony
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Nithin,

I appreciate the follow up. I heard back from the client who shared that the expiration email went out as well:

Original Message

Subject: Your Brewery – Annual Production > 5,000 bbl membership has ended

Date: 2019-03-30 03:05

From: WordPress <wordpress@wordpress-154226-767363.cloudwaysapps.com>

To: greg@ironhorsebrewery.com, tamara@washingtonbrewersguild.org

Hi ironhorse,

Your Brewery – Annual Production > 5,000 bbl membership at WA Brewers Guild has ended on 2019-03-28.

You can renew your membership here: account page

We still can’t figure out why the old subscription wasn’t deactivated to avoid these emails going out which is confusing to the client.

Any insight into why this happened?

Thank you

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Tony,

We still can’t figure out why the old subscription wasn’t deactivated to avoid these emails going out which is confusing to the client.

Any insight into why this happened?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We have brought this into our developer’s attention, and I’m afraid, this seems more like a bug within the plugin side with the reminder notifications getting sent for deactivated memberships.

I have reported this issue, and it’s something which our developer is going through at the moment. Will keep you posted once I get further update regarding the feedback of the issue asap. Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.