[Membership 2 Pro] Error 500 on paging through archives when membership Pro is enabled

When paging through post archives, Error 500 is displayed after the first page. Alternatively, an item from media is displayed. This was verified with theme twentyseventeen and no other plugins activated. This is the current setup

• Johanna
    • The Incredible Code Injector

The problem appears to be related to Media Protection. We normally operate with 'basic protection' and 'protect individual files', as well as Category Protection (for posts)
    When media protection is disabled, archive paging reverts to normal

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Johanna

I hope you're well today and thank you for reporting this.

I've tested this on my own site and I could replicate the issue. This happens upon paging through the posts archive if a Media Protection is enabled (even if no other add-ons are enabled).

I think his is a bug so I have reported it as such to our developers so they could look into it. Please keep an eye on this ticket in case we had some additional information or patch for you but also make sure that you're keeping the plugin up to date as a fix would most likely be released as a part of an update.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Johanna,

Apologies for the delay here, we're currently testing a patch for this but there were some issues with media protection methods other than Basic so our devs are checking it out further.
    We're still working on M2 and there's beta version being worked on and being tested that will come with multiple fixes included.

Can you tell me which of your older issues haven't been solved because I checked a couple of your older tickets and it seems issues reported were all handled?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Johanna
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Other issues never resolved:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-not-fully-assigned-in-some-cases - This still happens apparently randomly, requiring membership to be removed and re-assigned manually.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/login-issues-on-internet-explorer-please-wait
    This is an ongoing problem, the only apparent solution being to force users (against their will) to use Google Chrome as the browser

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Johanna,

It seems that the first ticket somehow didn't get reassigned from our inactive staff and slipped through cracks due to that.
    I'm really sorry about this and I have answered in there so we can continue debugging it further.

As for the second issue, I see in the ticket that there was a patch for the IE issue that you confirmed worked for you so I'm not sure what's the active issue there?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Johanna

I apologize for keeping you waiting and thank you for your patience.

I've attached a zip file to this post. It contains a patch for this issue that you can already apply to your site before it even gets released with plugin update. I was testing it on my own setup too and it seems to be solving the problem finally.

To apply the patch to the site, please follow these steps:

1. access your WP install using either FTP or cPanel "File Manager"
    2. go to this folder:

/wp-content/plugins/membership-pro/app/rule/media

3. rename file "class-ms-rule-media-model.php" to "class-ms-rule-media-model.php.ORG" or something similar in order to keep the copy of the original file in case anything went wrong

4. download the attached zip file and extract it to your local drive

5. upload the "class-ms-rule-media-model.php" file from that downloaded zip file to the

/wp-content/plugins/membership-pro/app/rule/media

This would apply the patch so you can test it them. If you got any cache active on site and/or server it would be best to fully purge it before testing.

Let me know if the patch works for you, please.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.