Membership 2 Pro for multisite

Hi there! Just signed up with you to use the Membership 2 Pro plugin in WordPress multisite environment. I have installed and network activated the plugin. Our multisite currently has three sites networked: rideshareguides.com, rideshareguides.com/vlog-2 and rideshareguides.com/forum-2.

Now how do I configure the membership plugin so that users can register and login on any of the websites with the same username and password? Do I need to configure it on each site separately? Right now we have only free membership.

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi Coach Carl

Hope you are doing fine today!

I'm afraid that Membership 2 Pro doesn't have such option out of the box. As a workaround, you can use plugins for Single Sigh On. Eg., if you already have Domain Mapping plugin installed then this is included in it and can be enabled from Network Dashboard > Settings > Domain Mapping > Cross-domain autologin.

Or alternatively, you can use the following plugin to enable SSO:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-multisite-sso/

Also, in order to make use of all the features of the plugin network wide, you'll have to add the following code to your wp-config.php file, you must insert this BEFORE /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */
    define( "MS_PROTECT_NETWORK", true );

With this feature, you can then set up protection rules from your network admin for every site in your network. But, please, note that this constant will only work if added to wp-config.php before you start creating your memberships. Any existing memberships on any site in your network will not be recognized by the network settings.

Let us know if you have any additional questions, we'll always be happy to help!

Kind regards,
    Katya

• Coach Carl

That you for your response! I hope you're having a good day.

Have contacted the person who created the multisite environment. Also read about the SSO plugin. It says in the description:
    "Uses internal WordPress authentication functions, including maintaining the use of the standard WordPress login page, to authenticate the user across the network.
    Settings to customize the SSO login/logout loading page by inheriting the default WordPress login page CSS, custom login page CSS included in theme or even specifying CSS."

Can this plugin work with the Membership 2 Pro plugin? We've been trying to avoid WordPress registration and login, which do not look very professional.

Best regards,
    Carl Lawrence

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi Coach Carl

Hope you're having a good day too!

With this plugin, you can use your custom login and registration form as well. But for a few seconds while logging process goes user will see the following screen:

You can modify this page via custom CSS at the plugin's settings page

If it's not suitable for you, then I would recommend you to use Domain Mapping plugin and enable the option "Cross-domain autologin".

Let us know if you have any additional questions, we'll always be happy to help!

Kind regards,
    Katya

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.