Membership 2 Pro: How to export users

I imported quite a few users from another membership application. After importing, I subscribed them to a subscription with a 1 year expiration so dates were set to 1 year from subscription date. However, the users I imported have varying expiration dates. I was thinking of exporting them, setting the dates in Excel and re-importing them. But I can't figure out how to export. Do I have to go into the database to do it? Is there an easier solution to my problem?

• Dick
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Luis,
    The json export/import doesn't work properly. If you perform an export and then a re-import (and clicking the replace current contents checkbox), I would expect to have no changes. Instead, all of the membership plans are changed and the subscribers are subscribed to these changed plans. That requires a manual, one by one, correction to each enrollment for each member.

Again, from the original request, I want to import from another membership system. Besides the current function not working correctly, it is pretty useless to support me need.

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @Dick,

I hope had been good today!

Firstly, sorry for not having properly understood your question.

I tried several times import/export tool (Membership 2 Pro -> Membership 2 Pro) and I was not able to reproduce your issue. Membership plans are the same, with the subscribers correctly associated.

From what membership system you are trying to import?

Cheers, Luís

• Dick

Luis,
    If you can't reproduce my results, what are the possible reasons?

I have attached the fson file I exported as well as 3 screen shots showing
    1) plans before export
    2) import file selection for re-import
    3) preview of what would be imported (I didn't actually import because it takes a long time to correct the problem)

Thanks,
    Dick

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @Dick,

Firstly, sorry for the late reply and all the problems it may have caused.

In my installation, if I import the file, all members are enrolled to the previous membership (before the export). The issue that I am facing is that the "Pricing" is not correctly defined.

Can you give us access to your admin panel, so we can collect more information about this issue?

If you don't already know, please, follow the link below, to see how enable the staff login:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

When you enable this option, please post again!

Cheers, Luís

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @Dick,

Firstly, I think you are mistaking your accounts. "rvgcdev.com" is associated to other account.

Regarding to your issue, I exported your data and imported in my install, and all memberships are correctly and the members are correctly associated. See the image attached.

The only issue I found, is the "Pricing" is not correctly defined, as I referred in my previous reply.

This website is a staging version? Because I would like to test the import tool there, to try find an issue. You give us permission to test it?

To do this securely I will ask you FTP access to your website too.

Please send it privately through our contact form:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Luis Lopes"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference

Cheers, Luís

• Dick

Tried to send a message as directed...was unable. The Captcha was blocking me although I believe I have entered the image correctly (see attached pics). Please repair or give me another way to transmit non-public information as requested to Luis

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @Dick,

Strange issue, can you please tried it again, to see if you can send your credentials through our contact form.

However I will "Mark this thread as internal", so it will not have public visibility.

If you have problems with the contact form, post your credentials here. I will copy and remove them after that.

Cheers, Luís

• Dick

Captcha still doesn't work for me. Here is the access info you requested. However I am not sure why you need access since you are able to duplicate the problem yourself. Be advised if you import the json file, you will break all the current membership relationships (they form relations with an incorrect plan and there is no mass change capability to correct it)

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @Dick,

I just ask you the access to your website because you refer in a previous reply that you had been issues with the json file and the import tool:

I noticed the json file did not upload.

All the other behaviours referred I can confirm.

When you import a file (and check the "Replace current content with import data" field) all existing memberships are deleted and re-created.

After get some feedback from the developer, he confirms this procedure can cause some issues with processing payments, after overwriting the subscriptions and some details are lost (export does not export 100% of the subscription/invoice details; a lot of optional details are not exported like some timestamps and similar log-details).

Import tool was mainly built to migrate data, not to backup/restore data, this tool needs to be refined and the developers are working to improve it.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.