Membership 2 Pro - Limited access for users.

Having membership access problems with the Membership Pro 2 plugin. Registered subscribers cannot access certain pages... protected content shows up. Please help.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Burt

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I have checked your site and the first thing you should take care of are dates. All your memberships are "dripped" memberships which means that they reveal content on set dates. You would want to go to Protection Rules settings and actually set those days for the protected pages as they are currently not set.

Such date can be either "immediately" (so content is available for a user once he/she joins a membership), on a certain date or relative to sign up (e.g. 3 days after user signed up for a membership).

However, apart from this, there seems to be some additional issue interfering there. I have set one of the pages to be revealed immediately and yet, I was still taken to the protected content page. Furthermore, on front-end, I'm also taken to the protected content as a super-admin which should never be happening. It also doesn't look like any changes I made actually take effect on front-end.

That said, you have shared FTP access but we don't have any access to any control panel of your server. Would you please login there and check if there are any server-side caches available? If yes - and enabled - could you please try to clear them and temporarily disable and check if setting dates for protected content (as explained above) is working?

Let me know please and depending on your answer we'll then decide on how to troubleshoot it further.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Burt,

I was doing some additional checks on your site and it looks like there's some issue with SSL that we're dealing here, when I'm logged-in and I visit Buzzing page via HTTP then it shows protected content page, however if I try to open it directly with HTTPS in URL then it opens fine.

I checked your .htaccess and wp-config.php to see if there are any redirects there, but couldn't find any, I did see that your wp-config.php file is loading hosting_provider_filters.php file.
    The thing is that the file is loaded at the end of the file, while wp-config.php shouldn't have any custom code added below /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ line.
    Can you check with your host why the file is loaded in that place and if the code is perhaps misplaced?

Also, can you try installing SSL plugin like this one for example https://wordpress.org/plugins/really-simple-ssl/ and see if the pages are properly loaded for members after that?

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.