Membership 2 Pro login doesn't work

I used the shortcode [ms-membership-login] on the page member-login on https://securi-finder.nl/member-login. Everything is usualy working just fine, but it seems like the page is reloading itself and then comes back with a failure message.

I can't login here with any account, still I am able to login via the usual way https://securi-finder.nl/login. I need to membership login to work again.

I had this problem before, I was going to report the issue here, but it solved itself.
After that it worked like another week, and now the issue is happening again.
Can you take a look at what might be the problem?

I opened the securi-finder.nl support door, so you can enter whenever needed..
Thanks in advance,
Henk Rensenbrink.

• Majid

Hey Young Security !

I hope you are doing great today.

I tried to login using the Support Access system but it's seems to redirect me to MS2 login page
    https://securi-finder.nl/account/

Please use our contact form to send me the login details :

Subject: "Attn: Majid Hamdani"

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Majid Hamdani
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - login URL and admin account login credentials (may be a temporary admin account) data
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include hosting control panel access details (login address, username & password)
    -- cPanel's usually the control panel used for this, but your provider may use something else; I'll need this for accessing your site's database, preferably via phpMyAdmin
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

Please use our contact form here http://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/.

Select "I have a different question" from the drop-down list.

Cheers,
    Majid

• Young Security

Hi Majid,

I figured out what went wrong, you pointed me at the right direction when you stated you got redirected to the account page which wouldn't work because you've got no guest account.

I disabled the code:

public function action_admin_init() {
            if ( ! current_user_can( 'activate_plugins' ) ) {
                wp_redirect( get_site_url() . '/account' );
                exit;
            }
        }

Now everything is working again as if nothing happened
    Thanks for checking it out..

• Young Security

Is there another way for anyone who are not able to activate/disable plug-ins to prevent them from coming into the back-end?
      Normally a user who logs inside the WPMU membership 2 Pro plug-in will be redirected to the /account page, after they are logged in and continue (manually) by entereing /wp-admin they will be presented with the back-end for their own purposes.

I would like to block to this place for anyone not being able to disbale / enable plug-ins.
      Yet, it should not destroy the function of membership 2 Pro plugin.
      Thanks.

• Young Security

Another problem figured out just now.
    I created a test account (guest account) and gave this account a code ment for invitation.
    After this test account filled in the invitation code it goes to the payment page with a PayPal Sandbox button.

If I click on pay it cancels because something is going wrong (this is not what is going wrong).
    It brings me back to a cancellation page, but the guest account suddenly is a company member listed inside the Membership Company.
    Even after cancelling the subscription (in account page it states that the subscription is cancelled) some of the menu buttons, which are not ment for guests, are still viewable.

The button 'Opdracht Plaatsen' should only be visible to companies.
    If guest account the button should display as 'Lidmaatschap'.
    Not logged in the button should display 'Lid Worden'.
    (This works)

But if a company subscription is cancelled, the button 'Opdracht Plaatsen' is still visible, yet the page ain't working for them anymore..
    What is going on here..

• Majid

Hey Young Security !

If the subscriber cancels his membership then yes, he will always be able to access until the membership is over, so If you want to remove them right after the cancel, I think you should do that manually by changing their status from Cancelled to Deactivated

and By the way, I was able to login from this page now https://securi-finder.nl/member-login using the account you provided in the the email. so I think this issue here is fixed right ?

Let me know.

Cheers,
    Majid

• Young Security

Well I know it takes a month before expiring, if they paid for it.

On my website they need to enter an invitation code to continue. If they step out of the membership payment step and continue to account page, it will mention the subscription is pending.
    If I click on edit membership it will take me back to the membership page.
    Now I click on cancel. I have a cancelled subscription without having paid.

I guess that should not be happening.
    Now the menu buttons ment for this account is suddenly visible.

The thing with login is working now.
    I commented out the code above, but need a better solution now without breaking the login

• Nastia

Hello Young Security

Hope you are doing well!

I apologize for late reply.

On my website they need to enter an invitation code to continue. If they step out of the membership payment step and continue to account page, it will mention the subscription is pending.
    If I click on edit membership it will take me back to the membership page.
    Now I click on cancel. I have a cancelled subscription without having paid.

Once the user will CANCEL Membership with Pending status, in the account information it will show No memberships message.

I guess that should not be happening.

This is default Membership 2 behavior, a member can cancel the membership.

If this is not the issue, perhaps I missed something, would you please elaborate and explain the issue?

I commented out the code above, but need a better solution now without breaking the login

Please let me know where this code is located and was it custom code?

Please advise,

Cheers,
    Nastia