Membership 2 Pro Login Issues

I have been using the Membership 2 Pro plugin along with the Elegant Solutions Extra theme for a membership website. Recently the login widget re-directs users to the main wordpress wp-login.php page instead of directly logging in. While this works - it's annoying.

The bigger issue I am having is with the Membership account page (accessed under a drop down menu) that allows a user to log in. This always throws an error and says post not found, and does not re-direct to the WP-Login.php page. It leaves my user stuck on the account page with no instructions.

I realize that this may be a theme issue - and I am not getting any support there from the developer, but it would be a major development hassle to change themes.

Any ideas on a work around solution? Perhaps a big Log In button on the sidebar widget that would re-direct to the wp-login.php page and then use the WPMUDEV plugin for a custom design on the Login Page.

Just looking for some easy, elegant login solutions for a membership site.
Thanks

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Ray,

Hope all is well :slight_smile:

Since this question is related to our product I've moved it to Support forum, Members forum is more of a general discussion section and it doesn't guarantee response from staff.

I have been using the Membership 2 Pro plugin along with the Elegant Solutions Extra theme for a membership website. Recently the login widget re-directs users to the main wordpress wp-login.php page instead of directly logging in. While this works - it's annoying.

Have you tried using default WP theme just temporarily to be sure it's a theme issue?
    This could help with pinpointing the exact cause of the issue.

The bigger issue I am having is with the Membership account page (accessed under a drop down menu) that allows a user to log in. This always throws an error and says post not found, and does not re-direct to the WP-Login.php page. It leaves my user stuck on the account page with no instructions.

Can you tell me what's the site in question so we could check this out?
    Also, please grant support access to that site so we could have a closer look at your setup.
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Ray

Predrag,
    Yes I have tested the Membership 2 Pro plugin using the default Wordpress theme and it works properly. I know it is an Elegant Theme issue.
    When I first built the site using the Elegant Theme "Extra" theme and the Membership 2 Pro plugin, everything worked perfectly. Then came the updates, sometimes the theme, sometimes the Membership plugin. I have sometimes had to roll back one or the other to keep the site running.

ET has their own login module but it works on a page and not a widget. Also the Membership registration page is problematic because it allows a user to log in if they are not already, and this causes an error - so as a workaround, I have hidden this menu item until a user is logged in.
    If you go to phpstreaming.com/account you will see the M2 pro login above and the ET login below.
    Try using them both and you will see 2 different results.

The site is phpstreaming.com and I will open up support.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the additional info and for granting access.

I had a look at your site and I see that M2 login form uses pretty much the same ID's as ET login forms and there's probably a script from ET that's being fired on M2 login due to this.

What happens is that ET adds /login/ to the URL, this is probably used to redirect to your Login | Logout page but instead of going to example.com/login/ it adds the login part to existing page so it redirects to example.com/account/login/ and since that's actually a non-existent page it throws 404 error.

Unfortunately I don't have access to your theme so I can't further test on my installation, could you upload your child and parent theme to any file sharing service, like dropbox or google drive, and send me the download link?

You can send me the link by using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - Download link
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Ray,

Thanks for sending that in, I was doing some tests on my site and it's indeed specific to Extra theme scripts.
    I was able to pinpoint the issue to scripts being loaded in /extra/includes/core.php on line 337:
    wp_enqueue_script( 'extra-scripts', $template_dir . '/scripts/scripts' . $script_suffix . '.js', $extra_scripts_dependencies, $theme_version, true );
    I tried digging further but I'm not familiar with this theme and figuring this out requires some more dev skill then I could offer.

I will report this for our developers to check and see if there's anything we can do from our end, however I would suggest getting in touch with Extra theme devs as well so they can check these scripts.
    Please note that, developer response might be slower than usual staff response, so we appreciate your patience on this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Ari

Hey Ray

Hope you are fine today!

I just checked the issue, and found en error in the console, which is coming from extra theme. please check the screenshot:

It seems a compiling issue while they minified the scripts.min.js since when I re-minified the scripts.min.js file, it's working fine. I have attached the updated scripts.min.js file, please do the following steps to fix the issue:

1: Go to themes/extra/scripts/scripts.min.js
    2: Rename the scripts.min.js to old.scripts.min.js just for backup purpose.
    3: Download the script.zip file, upzip it & upload scripts.min.js file.
    4: Purge cache if you use any caching plugin.

Hope this will work, let me know is that work from your end.

Note: This is a temporary fix, please contact with the theme developer, and tell them about this issue, also inform that this is just compiling issue from non-minified to minified version.

Cheers,
    Ari

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.