Membership 2 Pro Login Loop created. Cannot Login as a member

Hi there,

What is working - When a user registers for a membership, the registration works perfectly. The new user is taken through the registration page, payment page and the thank you page (which has the account page button at the bottom) and this account page works (which means the new user can see the information about the membership they just signed up for and what not).

The problem - once a new user is logged out, there is no way to get back to the account page they were able to access when they first signed up for a new membership.

For example - I created this page for a user to sign up or login for a particular membership - "https://sxdi.org/tek-systems-partnership" and there exists a registration and an account login button on this page. When the user clicks on the account button it takes them to https://sxdi.org/account (which is the official account page for the user to view their account info). If the user is logged out it asks them to log in. BUT when the user does log in, it takes them to "https://sxdi.org/account/login"

Had I put the "[ms-membership-login]" on the page itself (https://sxdi.org/tek-systems-partnership) so the user can log in directly from there (which I have tried), the login form takes them to https://sxdi.org/tek-systems-partnership/login , so the issue is that the shortcode mentioned earlier and any login form on the website that is supposed to take the member to their account page instead takes them to "whateverpagetheshortcodeorthelogin formexistson/login" .

Please help. I have tried every trick and workaround I could find and tried to solve it myself to the best of my ability for the last 2 weeks.

Basically, it is creating a login loop and I cannot seem to actually get to the account page.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Jonathan , I hope you are doing well today!

While testing your site I am getting a lot of gateway timeouts 504 errors and can't access it. That usually means your site is behind a proxy/CDN, and the proxy gave up on the response from your server. Try turning off parallel optimization and see if that changes anything.

Also Adam in this thread providing very useful information how to fix 504 error. I will quote it here:

1) Get in touch with your host and ask them if they could try to optimize/increase server resources; I'm afraid though that's now out of the question as they already told you that they won't do anyting about it.

2) Instead of using your current theme customized with Visual Builder, create a child theme of your current theme that would include all the necessary custom templates (to be used instead of Visual Builder-created layouts); this would be a "low level" solution that should decrease server usage

3) Try removing some plugins and if necessary and possible replacing their features with custom coded shortcodes/functions/mu-plugins.

4) Install our Hummingbird plugin to implement gzip compression, browser caching and minification for your site; this will require some experiments with configuration but after the setup is done it should lower the need for server resources as well

5) Install caching plugin such as e.g. W3 Total Cache or WP Supercache. This will also decrease server load; please make sure though that features such as minification, gzip compression and browser caching for this plugins are disabled if Hummingbird is active.

Please, let me know when this issue is solved so I can access your site to look at the Membership plugin.

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Jonathan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

The issue does happen when cloudflare is on and changes are made - it is turned off (in development mode) but should it be turned back on the user and pw is in the notes in support area of wpmudev dashboard.

We do have hummingbird and on... Have done the ither steps except don't know where parallel is located to turn off.

Thank you and please help.

Again this started recently (after wpmudev updates to Hummigbird)

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Jonathan , I hope you are doing well!

I can't replicate in on my site. Would you please send to use your credentials so I could have a closer look at your settings? You can send credentials by using our secure contact form http://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Subject: “Attn: Nastia”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login URL
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs

Select “I have a different question” for your topic - this and the subject line to ensure that it gets assigned to me.

I am waiting for your reply.

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Jonathan

Hi Nastia,

quick update. Just checked the username and password login box works on subdomains but is not working on the main site (sxdi.org).
    I know commenting on posts brings it to the bottom of the list but I thought it was relevant information.

again,
    Thank you and you're the bestest!!

Shine On
    Jonathan

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Jonathan,

I'm sorry for delay on our side. I was testing your site and I noticed that there is problem with login form - the moment I hit login button page is starting to refresh. This is incorrect because this form is ajax form. It means that until login and password is not checked there will be no redirect. This is not happening on your site.
    Is it possible you could run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart)?
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Jonathan

Kasia,

It looks like you just repeated exactly what we said in our support question?

Like - we told you exactly what you just said and yes we did that... That is WHY we asked you for support.

The best we can tell it started with the Hummingbird updates and Cloudflare ... Lots of issues since then.

And as you stated this has been weeks since we asked for help...

• Jonathan

Kasia,

It looks like you just repeated exactly what we said in our support question?

Like - we told you exactly what you just said and yes we did that... That is WHY we asked you for support.

The best we can tell it started with the Hummingbird updates and Cloudflare ... Lots of issues since then.

And as you stated this has been weeks since we asked for help... All of our plugins are wpmudev - this was intentional in thinking that your stuff would work together.

Please help?

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Jonathan , I hope you are doing well today.

I run several tests, the Membership LogIn widget along with the Hummingbird / Cloud browsing cache is working well on my installation.

I found out that the login is not working most of the time because the server you are using is down

In this case, please check the error logs of your web server, this should give some indication as to why the server is down.

If you didn't have a CloudFlare activated, you would see the following error

To fix this, please increase Max execution time, add the following to the .htaccess file:
    php_value max_execution_time 300

If the above will not work, please create a php.ini
    max_execution_time = 300

See this article for more details:
    How to Increase the Maximum Upload and PHP Memory Limit in WordPress

Let us know how it went!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Jonathan

Will do - yes that error was being thrown due to the reports from ultimate google analytics plugin it appears - seems that script was server intensive and exceeded the load.

Will try... Are you saying that the login will work once that is done - like the max exec time was causing a refresh and preventing the Ajax from working?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi there

This is happening because one of your plugin is using cloudflare that includes the cloudflare using document.write which is being blocked by chrome (and maybe some other browser), is shown in console.

A Parser-blocking, cross-origin script, https://ajax.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/nexp/dok3v=0489c402f5/cloudflare.min.js, is invoked via document.write. This may be blocked by the browser if the device has poor network connectivity.

I can't be sure if the above is blocking the membership registration too but I can see jQuery object loading is blocked too due to above error.

So, can we try deactivating all plugins again ( I know you told that you already did it )? We may need to deactivate all network activate plugins as well as site activated plugins too. Also we may need to activate one of your default theme.

Currently I am seeing the page looks like this:

Please let us know.

Have a good day!

Cheers
    Ash

• Jonathan

On our end here is what we have discovered as well - we can login from all of he subdomians.

That "reports" plugin continued to run and was using server loads (never stopping).

It seems that the issues may exist in the htaccess - this was working fine until the Hummingbird cloudflare integration. (At least it seems that is when it happened) -

I am lost in all of this and we are stuck with ads running to 300k this week -

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Jonathan,

That "reports" plugin continued to run and was using server loads (never stopping).

So I believe we can conclude that disabling this plugin will stop 504 and server not available issues, can we?

this was working fine until the Hummingbird cloudflare integration. (At least it seems that is when it happened)

Well, in that case can you please confirm if disabling Cloudflare integration in Hummingbird resolves the issue for you? Please let us know if it doesn't. We will be glad to investigate further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Jonathan

Nope it didn't resolve it - The login as we have said works (creates the ajax and it runs) on subdomains - but not main.

Super frustrated and have begun getting rid of / deactivating all wpmu plugins like even marketpress is a mess.

The membership 2 plugin is a mess... and we have been asking for help forever with lots of "telling us you can help" but no real help.

Hummingbird - may or may not even work as the site swap the seem faster with it than not...

Defender keeps sending me logs of an error - which I have no idea what to do with ....

I get that everyone is busy with new stuff but it's killing us just to get the old stuff stable and working.

• Jonathan

Nope it didn't resolve it - The login as we have said works (creates the ajax and it runs) on subdomains - but not main.

Super frustrated and have begun getting rid of / deactivating all wpmu plugins like even marketpress is a mess.

The membership 2 plugin is a mess... and we have been asking for help forever with lots of "telling us you can help" but no real help.

Hummingbird - may or may not even work as the site swap the seem faster with it than not...

Defender keeps sending me logs of an error - which I have no idea what to do with ....

I get that everyone is busy with new stuff but it's killing us just to get the old stuff stable and working.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Jonathan,

I'm extremely sorry for delay on our end. I'm creating task for our Second Line Support, our special force team - they will investigate this issue. I will pass them credentials to your site. Once we have solution me or SLS team will update you about it.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Lindeni Mahlalela
    • Recruit

Hello Jonathan,

I hope you are having a great day so far. I am extremely sorry for the time it took for us to solve this problem. I notice it has been a long time since Kasia requested FTP details and I am not sure if you have sent them through.

Would you please confirm if you still need help with this issue or not, if you still need help please let us know and please resend updated login details via our secure contact form

Subject: “Attn: Lindeni Mahlalela”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login URL
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs

Once I have this information we will look into this issues and do our best to solve it.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.