[Membership 2 Pro] Loopback requests are being blocked when Membership Pro 2 is activated

I noticed that admin form submissions would hang after installing Membership Pro 2 on my site. I installed a wordpress pluggin called Health Check which helped me pinpoint that when Membership Pro 2 is activated, loopback requests are blocked. Here is the exact error message:

Loopback request - The loopback request to your site failed, this may prevent WP_Cron from working, along with theme and plugin editors.<br>Error encountered: (0) cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 10000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Simon

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I am working with Membership 2 Pro on my test sites on daily basis, testing different cases, but I must admit I didn't come across that issue so far, neither did I notice it on my setups. I would like to investigate it in order to find the cause and the solution so:

- could you please tell me what "admin forms" do you mean exactly and what steps should I follow to replicate the issue?

- would you please enable support access to your site so I could take a closer look at it and test it there?

To enable support access, please go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's back-end, click on "Grant support access" button there and let me know here when it's done.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Simon

Hi. This problem can be seen when you try to edit a file (Appearance -> Editor) or whenever submitting a form. If you edit a file and click submit, the page will hang. Disable the Membership Pro 2 pluggin and try again and the form will function as expected. You can also use the Health Check pluggin I have installed to give a little more info: https://www.mitosis.com/wp-admin/index.php?page=health-check

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Simon,

Thanks for granting access, I was checking your site but I'm afraid that I can't really replicate the issue.
    Since the WordPress file editor is not completely reliable I didn't want to try editing any of the PHP files as that could cause your site to break, so what I changed is style.css of Twenty Sixteen theme and I had no issues saving the changes.
    I also tried registering new membership account from frontend and that also worked normally.

What I was able to see is the WP Cron error in Health Check and I can replicate this on my installation as well, so I will report this to our developers, but I don't see this causing any issues on the site itself.

Can you tell me which browser and OS you are using so I can try testing in the same environment, or tell me if I missed any steps in my tests?

Best regards,
    Predrag