Membership 2 Pro - Manually approve members

Hi guys, is there any way for me to manually approve members in the Membership 2 Pro plugin. Currently it is set up where members register and they are automatically approved. I can't seem to find it in the documentation... but maybe I'm just missing it.

• James Morris

Hello dittoddt

I hope you are well today.

Membership 2 Pro is designed to give immediate access to paying members. So when you have a gateway like Stripe or PayPal enabled, the member will be granted immediate access upon rendering successful payment. There's no override for this.

However, a workaround you could use for this is to set the Payment Method in WP Admin -> Membership 2 -> Settings -> Payment to Manual Payment Gateway.

You can use this to specify a payment URL through your preferred gateway to actually collect the payment, but all Manual Payments are set to Pending and require Admin confirmation of payment before their membership is activated.

I hope this clarifies a bit. Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris