[Membership 2 Pro] Membership 2

I have coursepress pro installed. Looking for better way to 1) register members and 2) to manage the way students see the course and access the course rather than going into the WP login board. Will Membership 2 help me achieve that?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Christine

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

As for registration.

The CoursePress plugin includes a front-end login/registration form.

If you go to the "CoursePress -> Settings -> General Settings" page to the "Login Form" section and check the "Use Custom Login Form" check-box, students won't even leave the course page because clicking on "enroll" button will open a popup with a login form (and an option to switch it to "create an account" form).

The Membership 2 Pro, if installed, also provides front end login/registration but the CoursePress itself should work like this so, in my opinion, if the Membership 2 Pro would be used solely for the front-end form it would be a bit of an "overkill" :slight_smile:

However, if you want to implement additional "access protection" (for example let only selected users access some of the courses or protect some posts/pages on site from visitors or specific groups of users) then yes, that'd be a great choice.

I checked your site and I see that "Enroll Now!" button is taking user to a native WP login/registration form so I think start with enabling the option that I mentioned above and that should help here :slight_smile:

As for managing courses.

Do you mean managing as in "how can admin/instructor/facilitator manage course and students" or as in "how student can manage his/her own courses"?

If it's the former, then no - there's currently no way do "course administration" from front-end and the Membership 2 Pro plugin will not help with that either. If possible at all, it would require serious custom coding, I'm afraid. But since this post is already in our "Features & Feedback" forum let's keep it open and if more Members of our community will want some sort of "front end course management" feature to be added, our developers might implement it in one of the future releases.

If it's latter, then students already do have full "students dashboard" on front end. Location is set on "CoursePress -> Settings -> General" page in "Student Dashboard Slug"/"Student Dashboard Page" options :slight_smile:

I hope that helps. If I have missed something or that wasn't your point, please let me know (along with a bit more detailed explanation) and I'll be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,
    Adam