[Membership 2 Pro] Membership 2 - Account Expiration Email going out on manual account creation

When I create an account for a new user that has signed up with me in person and I create their account. I reset their expiration date manually to match the date of activation. This causes an email saying that their account has expired. Is there a way to stop this email from going out on manual account creation or changing of the membership expiry date?

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey there Bill !
    Hope you are having a great day!

We have escalated this as a custom request to our Second Level Support team. They'll be back to us with clues, workarounds, and fixes (if possible) for now in this ticket (or we'll be updating the ticket as soon as we hear back from them internally). Please note that the response time of the Second Level Support team might be a bit delayed than that of the general Support staff. We really appreciate your patience regarding this.

Moreover, as this is feature is not available out of the box and is being considered a custom request, we cannot assure a workaround from our end just yet without investigation. This might get flagged as a feature request or you might need to consider custom development if this turns out to be undoable from our end. We really appreciate your consideration regarding this.

Kind regards,
    Nahid

• Bill
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

My current work around was to change the email response template for subscription expired to an expiry date notice. Removing wording that indicates the membership has already ended.

Template Subject: Your %ms-name% membership expires on %ms-expiry-date%
    Template Message: Hi %username%,Your %ms-name% membership at %blog-name% ends on %ms-expiry-date%.The BulldogTV Canada Team

I would appreciate any updates related to this custom request, so that I may change it back in the future.

Thank you
    Bill

• Tho Bui
    • Staff

Hi Bill,

I hope you're well today!

I have prepared a custom snippet which you can use as a guide here :
    https://gist.github.com/wpmudev-sls/2caff1b71e72429a9da69e84ceded34a

You can download zip, unzip it and upload file m2p-disable-email-on-manual-account.php to your wp-content/mu-plugins folder. If that folder doesn't exist you can simply create it.

If you are not familiar with mu-plugins you can read about them here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/
    or you can paste it in your child theme's functions.php file.

Kind regards
    Tho Bui

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.