[Membership 2 Pro] Membership 2 Pro

Hi there.

I'm done! Giving up on Ultimate Member Pro - I just cannot de-glitch this plugin! I'd love your advice regarding the following:

Does Membership 2 Pro allow my members to set up a profile of sorts, including a brief bio, photo gallery and links to web and social?

Can I have a number of Membership types (eg Associate Member, Designer Member, Certified Designer Member etc) with various allocations of features for each. (For example, I'd like Associate Members to be allowed to post four photos only, and Designer Members having the option for 8, and Certified Designers for having up to 12.)

Can I apply a hierarchy to the search results? For instance, if a consumer looks for a member in their state, can I ensure that Certified Designers are viewed at the top, followed by Designer Members and then Associate Members?

If I install Membership 2 Pro, is there any way to transfer existing UM profiles or will I need to start again? If there is an option to transfer, to you offer any support in doing so?

The existing Member Profiles can be viewed here:
http://www.kbdimembers.org.au/kbdi-member-profiles/

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Selina

Unfortunately, neither of those is possible within M2 out of the box. M2 is designed to sell your content based on different membership, it doesn't offer any member profile similar to the social network.

As per your requirement, I think the best solution would be for you to use buddypress for profile management and then use a custom developed plugin.

Does Membership 2 Pro allow my members to set up a profile of sorts, including a brief bio, photo gallery and links to web and social?

If you use buddypress, you would get all of these options. M2 can work together with BP.

Can I have a number of Membership types (eg Associate Member, Designer Member, Certified Designer Member etc) with various allocations of features for each. (For example, I'd like Associate Members to be allowed to post four photos only, and Designer Members having the option for 8, and Certified Designers for having up to 12.)

This could be possible in M2 with some custom code. You have edit the photo uploader plugin that you would like to use to set the restriction.

Can I apply a hierarchy to the search results? For instance, if a consumer looks for a member in their state, can I ensure that Certified Designers are viewed at the top, followed by Designer Members and then Associate Members?

There is no member search option in M2 I am afraid, you would need to use a member directory plugin or a third party user search plugin.

If I install Membership 2 Pro, is there any way to transfer existing UM profiles or will I need to start again? If there is an option to transfer, to you offer any support in doing so?

There is no option to import info from UM plugin either. Though, if you need a minimum help, we are happy to offer :slight_smile:

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.