[Membership 2 Pro] Membership 2 Pro - change user password

Hi,
I use Membership without payment.
The members will be added manually.
The member will get automatically a welcome mail with his username and password (given by me).
Securitiy is an issue, it should be possible to change the password for the member. If I add a user with the standard wordpress system, the user will be forced to change his password.
How can it be done easy by the member? Any idea?
How can I force the member to change the password?
What I found is:
After login, go to: https://kurse.systemische-hypnotherapie.com/account/?action=edit_profile
If you do it before login, you will see the edit profile page. In my opinion, this should be not possible.

Best regards from Bavaria
Manfred :slight_smile:

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Manfred_Huber

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

If you're adding new users yourself then the simplest way to "force them to change/set password" would be to follow a regular WP way:

add a user via "Users -> Add new" page and make sure that the "Send User Notification - Send the new user an email about their account" option is checked while you're adding the account.

In such case, regardless whether you manually type in the password there or if you let WP generate it, that newly created user will get an e-mail containing his/her username but no password. Instead there'd be a link to set the password. They wouldn't know the password that you set and will have to go to that link to get access to their account: so they'll set password and only after that they'll be able to login to the site/access profile.

This will also work regardless whether you assign a membership to such account or not.

This is a standard WP way. As long as there's no plugin/customization on site that would actually add up a password information to those notification e-mails, such user will don't know the password after registration so they will have to reset it using the link in e-mail.

If you have any additional questions or I misunderstood the point, let me know please and I'll be happy to assist you further.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.