[Membership 2 Pro] Membership 2 pro & GDPR

Hi Heroes

I'm struggling a little in making Membership 2 Pro GDPR compliant, as there's no consent notice on the sign up page.
How do I create the opt-in tick box sign up for people to consent to receiving emails?
Thank you!
Jane

• Miss Jane
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Dimitri
    Thanks for replying!

That's a good start but with GDPR we have to have specific permission to add the user to a mailing list, a verify email isn't enough for us to be compliant.

On the sign up form we need to show that they agree to receive emails from us. Ideally with a tick box.

How can we achieve this?
    Thanks
    Jane

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Miss Jane

Hope you're doing well!

I've flagged our second level support devlopers in here so they could have a closer look at the code. Please note, our developers' response time is longer-than-normal compared to support staff response times.

Once we will have an update from our devlopers, we will update this thread.

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Miss Jane
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi,
    I have an update on the new setting to verify the users email. When activated, the user is not assigned a membership when signing up.

A new user registers for their chosen membership, immediately sees a check your email to verify message, then receives the verify email, and the welcome email at the same time - I feel the welcome email should come after the email has been verified.

But then after verifying the email, the user account page appears.
    At this point no membership has been assigned. The user must then click 'change' to then go back and click the sign up button again before their membership will be assigned.

Hopefully it'll be rectified asap along with adding GDPR requirements, in it's current state anyone using M2Pro isn't compliant.

Thank you!
    Jane

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello Miss Jane

This is true, as user doesn't get to the actual payment of the membership level, before verifying his email address.
    I've already created a report for our developers, in case we could force redirect user after verification into the pending membership or at least in the Membership List page, so he could proceed with the actual acquisition of the desired membership level.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.