[Membership 2 Pro] Membership 2 Pro - Taxamo

I'm looking at the Membership 2 Pro plugin and the taxamo add-on and how this works. To enable the tax options does the membership plug-in have to use the taxamo system or can something else be used in its place.

I've spoken to taxamo and they say "In terms of the Membership2 plugin you referred to, we are not aware of any companies successfully using this plugin - it was developed independently of Taxamo. Unfortunately we cannot stand over this plugin and do not support this any longer."

What are my options?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Michael

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Currently only Taxamo is supported by the plugin.

I'm not surprised that they denied any information/help on Membership 2 Pro because they are not (and never were) in any way affiliated with us or with the plugin and the plugin is only using their API (which can also be used by any other 3rd-party tools and products). Usually, API owners do not take any responsibility and offer no support to "end users".

However, Taxamo is the only built-in option. Any other solution than Taxamo (either other service or some fully custom solution) would have to be custom developed.

I'm not sure in what way are you going to use the plugin but there is an issue with recurring payments when only the first payment gets properly calculated taxes. That shouldn't be an issue with one time payments, though. The problem that I mentioned is already known to the developers and they got it "on the table", though I'm afraid I'm not able to give you an ETA on this.

I would suggest just setting up M2P with Taxamo on some staging/dev site and testing it to see if it suits your needs and if it works fine in a scenario that you are going to use for your site. Both Taxamo and any payment gateway can be set up into "testing/sandbox" mode so no real transactions are performed - just unlimited testing.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.