[Membership 2 Pro] Membership 2 Pro - Taxamo

I'm looking at the Membership 2 Pro plugin and the taxamo add-on and how this works. To enable the tax options does the membership plug-in have to use the taxamo system or can something else be used in its place.

I've spoken to taxamo and they say "In terms of the Membership2 plugin you referred to, we are not aware of any companies successfully using this plugin - it was developed independently of Taxamo. Unfortunately we cannot stand over this plugin and do not support this any longer."

What are my options?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Michael

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Currently only Taxamo is supported by the plugin.

I'm not surprised that they denied any information/help on Membership 2 Pro because they are not (and never were) in any way affiliated with us or with the plugin and the plugin is only using their API (which can also be used by any other 3rd-party tools and products). Usually, API owners do not take any responsibility and offer no support to "end users".

However, Taxamo is the only built-in option. Any other solution than Taxamo (either other service or some fully custom solution) would have to be custom developed.

I'm not sure in what way are you going to use the plugin but there is an issue with recurring payments when only the first payment gets properly calculated taxes. That shouldn't be an issue with one time payments, though. The problem that I mentioned is already known to the developers and they got it "on the table", though I'm afraid I'm not able to give you an ETA on this.

I would suggest just setting up M2P with Taxamo on some staging/dev site and testing it to see if it suits your needs and if it works fine in a scenario that you are going to use for your site. Both Taxamo and any payment gateway can be set up into "testing/sandbox" mode so no real transactions are performed - just unlimited testing.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Michael
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the response, understand now. Having spoken to taxamo they have said that they have a fee to access the API which is pretty high at €3000.

Seems strange to be able to have access to the API on a staging area for free but then to charge this high amount for access.

Would appreciate some feedback about this and if this was known when developing the option.

Thanks,
    Michael

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Michael,

When Taxamo add-on was added to Membership plugin I believe that it was priced differently, I believe it was 20 cents per transaction and they changed their pricing in the meantime.
    Unfortunately, this is not something we can affect on as we're only using the API they are providing and pricing is completely handled from their end.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.