[Membership 2 Pro] Membership 2 - several issues regarding the registration process and automated

1. The automated email “Signup - user account created” is sent to the user before the user verified his email. For my understanding, it should be first sent the verification email and after verification the “Signup” email.

2. After clicking the verification link in the email, it opens up a page on which the text “Account verified. Proceed to login” is not translated.

3. The automated email “Subscription - Completed with payment” should be sent after registration. I have a membership with manual payment. So I would like to have an email sent after the last registration button, with the actual bill and the payment details.
If this would cover another automated email - which one is it?

4. The automated email “Payment - Receipt/Invoice” which is the confirmation of the payment. Here the translation is not working except for the content of the description.

4.1. In this email the link to view the invoice online is not correct. The transformation from the mutated vowel is different. So one time it becomes “u” and the other “ue”.

5. At the account page the translation is also not working for “Invoice #%2$s for membership %1$s - Paid.”
And also the due date: Here it is “März 14” instead of “14. März 2019”

6. By clicking at the account page on the invoice, I am missing a space between the word “Invoice” and the number of the invoice.

7. The automated email “Payment - after due” was sent 3 times on the same day… and was sent with the old invoice which was already paid.

8. At the backend, as I was checking some stuff, a second new bill with the current date was created and the first new payment which was still open, has changed its due date. As I marked the first open bill (17.3.) as paid, the date was corrected. (From before 23 to 17) But the automated email sent the newest bill, which is still open in the backend, but marked es paid in the email.

• Nithin

Hi Rob,

1. The automated email “Signup - user account created” is sent to the user before the user verified his email. For my understanding, it should be first sent the verification email and after verification the “Signup” email.

I'm checking with the developer to see whether there is anything specific that could be done to change this default behaviour.

2. After clicking the verification link in the email, it opens up a page on which the text “Account verified. Proceed to login” is not translated.

I could replicate this, and I'm reporting this as a bug to the developer, so this could be corrected in the next plugin update.

3. The automated email “Subscription - Completed with payment” should be sent after registration. I have a membership with manual payment. So I would like to have an email sent after the last registration button, with the actual bill and the payment details.
    If this would cover another automated email - which one is it?

I'm afraid, at the moment “Subscription - Completed with payment” will only get sent for paid memberships via the default gateways configured in Membership 2 Pro plugin. Manual payments aren't included in such use case, nor there are any automated emails specific to manual payments, as the payments details are done manually.

4. The automated email “Payment - Receipt/Invoice” which is the confirmation of the payment. Here the translation is not working except for the content of the description.

Sorry, what exact text isn't getting translated? The emails subject text and content is added via the Membership 2 > Settings > Automated Email Responses page, and any translation text should be added via the mentioned page for subject, and content. A screenshot regarding this would be helpful.

5. At the account page the translation is also not working for “Invoice #%2$s for membership %1$s - Paid.”
    And also the due date: Here it is “März 14” instead of “14. März 2019”

6. By clicking at the account page on the invoice, I am missing a space between the word “Invoice” and the number of the invoice.

Could you please share a screenshot regarding points 5, and 6, so that we could have a better idea?

7. The automated email “Payment - after due” was sent 3 times on the same day… and was sent with the old invoice which was already paid.

8. At the backend, as I was checking some stuff, a second new bill with the current date was created and the first new payment which was still open, has changed its due date. As I marked the first open bill (17.3.) as paid, the date was corrected. (From before 23 to 17) But the automated email sent the newest bill, which is still open in the backend, but marked es paid in the email.

For points 7, and 8. Could I know for which memberships, and which user you notice the issue? So that I could bring this into our developer's attention? Since all the memberships are using Manual Payment workflow, there are chances some instances won't work as the way when compared to the membership having a Payment gateway.

Looking forward to your response, so that we could help get you sorted asap. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Rob

Hey Nithin,

3: For my opinion there should be the possibility for an automated email after confirming my registration for a membership. I know this from other websites, where I am getting the payment detail sent by email. So I suggest to implement this too.

4: Within the email, which is sent, there is the invoice included. And there the most words are not translated.

Luis: I checked it again with the user "Dragon" - you can see it on my website. I have granted you access. The email "before due date" was sent 2 times with the old (already paid) invoice #512 - at the time 4:51 and 10:51, at the backend there have been created 2 new invoices (514 and 517) ??, at 16:51 an email with the second new invoice 517 have been sent. And again at 22:51.

Hope this could clear things!

Kind regards
    Tiana

• Rob

Additional information to point 7 and 8:

The automated email "before due date" is sent with the old, already paid invoice.

The automated email "after due date" is sent with the newest created invoice, which is still open and which is correct. BUT the system created 2 new invoices. I don't know, when the first new invoice has beeing created. Apparently after th "before due date" email was sent ??

And both email have been sent 3 times in a day. Ones would be enough.

• Nithin

Hi Rob,

3: For my opinion there should be the possibility for an automated email after confirming my registration for a membership. I know this from other websites, where I am getting the payment detail sent by email. So I suggest to implement this too.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I do see this could be a helpful feature, I'll make sure to bring this into our developer's attention to see what could be done to improve this down the plugin's roadmap.

4: Within the email, which is sent, there is the invoice included. And there the most words are not translated.

I'm afraid, I'm not able to replicate the issue. The Email Subject and the Email Content needs to be translated manually under Membership 2 > Settings > Automated Email Responses > Payment - Receipt/Invoice.

If you meant about Invoice which is listed in the same message, I could notice the texts were translated when tested in the local server. If it's any specific text a screenshot would be helpful regarding this, so that we could see what's being missed.

I checked it again with the user "Dragon" - you can see it on my website. I have granted you access. The email "before due date" was sent 2 times with the old (already paid) invoice #512 - at the time 4:51 and 10:51, at the backend there have been created 2 new invoices (514 and 517) ??, at 16:51 an email with the second new invoice 517 have been sent. And again at 22:51.

Since it's a recurring membership for 3 days, invoices would get created every 3rd day. I'm bringing this into our developer's attention, could notice anomalies regarding this, will keep you posted once I get further feedback.

Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Rob,

I checked it again with the user "Dragon" - you can see it on my website. I have granted you access. The email "before due date" was sent 2 times with the old (already paid) invoice #512 - at the time 4:51 and 10:51, at the backend there have been created 2 new invoices (514 and 517) ??, at 16:51 an email with the second new invoice 517 have been sent. And again at 22:51.

I got an update regarding this from the developer, I'm afraid the issue is more related to a bug in the plugin side. Could you please try the following workaround mentioned in this ticket:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/subscription-after-expired-mail-sent-many-time-on-the-same-day#post-1379152

And see whether it works fine? Please do check, and let us know whether it helps.

Regards,
    Nithin

• Rob

Hi Nithin,

I have implemented the workaround you suggested regarding the "sending of several mails instead of one". Will observe the next few days, what he does and give you response as soon as I know more.

4: the invoice is not translated within the automated email for the confirmation of payment. The remeinder beforde and after due date is translated. See the two files.

How is the progress regarding the issue that apparently the email before due date is sent before the new invoice is created. I guess this is the reason why he sends the old invoice...

• Nithin

Hi Rob,

4: the invoice is not translated within the automated email for the confirmation of payment. The remeinder beforde and after due date is translated. See the two files.

How is the progress regarding the issue that apparently the email before due date is sent before the new invoice is created. I guess this is the reason why he sends the old invoice...

I could notice anomalies regarding this. I'm bringing this into our developer attention, just to ensure whether I'm not missing anything.

Yeah, now it does not send any email... and the first invoice was created at the due date, but with accounting date of the actual due date and the the due date on the invoice is 3 days ahead (this is the interval I am using for testing)

Could I know which member, and membership you are testing in your system, so that we could have a better idea? If you could share some screenshots it would be helpful in bringing this into our developer's attention too.

Regards,
    Nithin

• Rob

Hi Nithin,

I am testing with the user "Dragon" - you still have access to our website. Under Biling you see the corresponding Membership.
    So I can tell you a little more: The plugin didn't send any email for the "first round" - so the first time the payment is due, there have been no emails sent. After that it startet the same behaviour as before.

Please create your own test environment or register your own user on our site and observe the behaviour. I can't tell you all the information because sometimes it is changing the date.... And honestly, I see it not as my task to test your plugin. I am aware that there will always be some cases or bugs occuring, but this is a basic function.

Kind regards
    Tiana

• Nithin

Hi Rob,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I am testing with the user "Dragon" - you still have access to our website. Under Biling you see the corresponding Membership.
    So I can tell you a little more: The plugin didn't send any email for the "first round" - so the first time the payment is due, there have been no emails sent. After that it startet the same behaviour as before.

This needs further troubleshooting, could you please send us your websites credentials, so that we could give a closer look.

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login URL
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant URLs

Please create your own test environment or register your own user on our site and observe the behaviour. I can't tell you all the information because sometimes it is changing the date.... And honestly, I see it not as my task to test your plugin. I am aware that there will always be some cases or bugs occuring, but this is a basic function.

I do understand you. However, please do note that the issue is not something which we were not able to replicate in every test environments, I ran multiple tests in my test server but wasn't able to replicate the exact use cases.

When there is an invoice created, you have an initial Date of Invoice and a Due Date. As I don't mark it as paid, it is still open and as days goes by, the Due Date changes to the current date.... Yeah, this should be a fixed date and not variable.

I have configured this in my system, and will keep you posted how this goes too.

Please do follow up in the ticket once you have sent the above credentials. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Rob,

Thanks for sending in the login credentials, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I gave a closer look, and it seems like adding the following define inside the wp-config.php should resolve such multiple emails:

define( "MS_LOG_EMAILS", true );

I have already added this in your website and would recommend you to further monitor your website, and see how the email goes, and whether the issue still occurs, or not. If you still notice the issue even after that, we'll make sure to ensure an SLS developers attention is brought into the issue too.

Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.