Membership 2 Pro: Membership charges over time

Hello,

I would like to suggest an enhancement to the payments processing for memberships. Basically, we have a need to charge a one-time application processing fee. The Membership Pro 2 module doesn't currently have this capability so we will have to manually make this charge for every accepted application. Since we are trying to get away from manually processing anything but exceptions, it's a bit of an issue for our operations people.

It seems that this could be accomplished in one of two ways; 1. send a separate invoice to the processor in addition to the recurring contract, or 2. simply allow a different amount on the first charge in a recurring contract.

Please let me know if you'd like more details & thanks for listening.

Best regards,
John

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello John,

Thank you for the suggestion for new feature - now we would need to see how many member will support it. More popular feature then bigger chances are that feature will be implemented.

When it comes to processing fee I usually suggest this workaround:
    Two memberships - one one time with price that includes 1 month price and processing fee and second one normal recurring membership.
    Second one could be only joined when member had first membership (it can be set in Upgrade path in membership settings, see screenshot). So they would first joined one time payment membership and when this would be done they can only join second membership. This indeed require two checkouts but it is automated with use of the payment gateways.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.