[Membership 2 Pro] Membership plans in a dropdown menu

Hi,
I am running buddypress. I am developing a not for profit site with 4 free membership plans that actually serve as categories of the audience on the site with pertinent interests and independent and private discussions (groups on buddypress).

I would like to know,
1. How can I let user pick the plan (category) on the registration page (last question) from a dropdown menu? Please instruct in detail.
2. I am assuming after registration and assigning the plan, I can customize profile fields based on respective plans, please tell me where to do this?
3. How can I show the plan title/icon on member's profile page and other such settings?
4. Do I have to do anything to integrate the plugin with Buddypress?

Thank you,
Amir

• viobru

Hi, Amir!

Hope you’re doing well and thanks for contacting us :slight_smile:

1. How can I let user pick the plan (category) on the registration page (last question) from a dropdown menu? Please instruct in detail.
    Please note that M2P doesn’t have this option pre-built and that creating it will require custom code. In order to render a different content on the Registration Page, you’ll need to create a new one, as explained under Membership 2 > Help > Customize Membership 2:

2. I am assuming after registration and assigning the plan, I can customize profile fields based on respective plans, please tell me where to do this?
    Are you referring to BP profile fields or the ones that M2P adds after enabling the ‘Profile Fields’ add-on? And what are you exactly referring to when you say ‘I can customize’? Which kind of customization are you referring to?

3. How can I show the plan title/icon on member's profile page and other such settings?
    In order to add M2P details on member’s profile, please check this: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-add-m2pro-details-in-buddypress-profile-page

4. Do I have to do anything to integrate the plugin with Buddypress?
    Yes, M2P has an add-on to integrate BuddyPress with it. You can easy activate it from Membership 2 > Add-ons and then select which options you’d like to run (adding BuddyPress rules in the "Protection Rules" page is enabled by default and can’t be deactivated):

Kind regards,

Violeta

• Amir Sadaghiani

Hi Voleta,

Thank you for an elaborate feedback.

Re. item 1, I cannot follow the content of Membership 2 > Help > Customize Membership 2. This is the single most important capability/feature that I need to implement. Please provide a detailed description of how to carry this out.

Re. item 2, I want to define custom profile fields based on membership plan (category) types. A) should I be using BP fields (via BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Fields Type plugin) / M2P fields?

Regards,
      Amir

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Amir,

Re. item 1, I cannot follow the content of Membership 2 > Help > Customize Membership 2. This is the single most important capability/feature that I need to implement. Please provide a detailed description of how to carry this out.

As it was stated in previous post Membership 2 Pro does not have feature that allows to select membership plan on the registration form. Flow of registration allows to select membership before filling form or after.
    That feature require custom coding that is beyond our support scope as it can't be done witch quick code snippet (because it requires changing how plugin works).
    If you are not comfortable with coding this I can suggest posting a job on the Jobs & Pros page https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Re. item 2, I want to define custom profile fields based on membership plan (category) types. A) should I be using BP fields (via BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Fields Type plugin) / M2P fields?

Membership 2 Pro does not allow for different custom profile fields depending on selected membership. Set of fields will be always the same for all users on site.

To add more custom fields you should be using BuddyPress Xprofile.
    Workaround that comes to my mind for this would be script that will check to which membership user belongs and adds classes to pages where those fields should be showing. And then having those classes it would be possible to hide/show specific fields.
    So question is on what page you would need to display those fields? Would it be BuddyPress user profile page?

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.