[Membership 2 Pro] Membership Pro – members logging in

We have gotten feedback that it is really hard for our members to login. We want them to login so they get a discounted rate on the events + plugin. Is there anyway to improve this process? Not sure how much$ we are losing because of this….

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Arya Creative,

I’m afraid, could you please explain further about what exact issues you notice with logging in process regarding this?

Once the Membership 2 Integration is enabled in the Events+ plugin side, under Events > Settings > Add-ons.

You could add discounted prices for newly created events based on membership levels when you edit an event. The default workflow is once the user clicks the “I’m attending” button, then gets redirected to the login screen, and once logged in, they should see a Pay button which should make sure to redirect to PayPal Gateway with the discounted price.

Please advise which exact process your members are having the issue, so we could have a better idea on what could be done to help get this sorted. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Nithin

• Arya Creative
    • Flash Drive

I am attaching screen shots of my experience trying to login. I know that my password and information is correct. It will not allow anyone to click on login or cancel at the bottom of the popup. Also the top of the popup is not visible on the site…which is frustrating. Another issue is when you try to reset your password it does nothing – no response.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Arya Creative,

Could you please make sure you are using the latest version of Evest+(1.9.9.1), and Membership 2(1.1.6) in your system?

If not, please do make sure to upgrade the attached plugins via FTP, and then check whether you still notice anomalies regarding this.

If you still have the same issues even after this, then please enable support access to your website so that we could give a closer look at the plugin settings.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please let us know once you enable access so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Arya Creative,

It doesn’t look like your website currently have the latest version of the plugin. The current version of Membership 2 Pro is 1.1.5, and Events+ is 1.9.9

Could you please make sure to update the plugins to Membership 2 Pro version 1.1.6, and Events+ v 1.9.9.1, as attached in the previous reply.

The latest version has some fixes for Membership 2 Pro plugin, so would like to test further in your system with the latest version.

Please make sure to update via FTP, please check this link for more info:

https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-manually-update-wordpress-plugins-via-ftp/

Regards,

Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Arya Creative,

Sorry to hear that the latest update didn’t resolve the issue. This isn’t the expected behaviour, should have worked fine with the latest version.

Seems like the support access to the website is no longer enabled, could you please grant support staff access so that we could give a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please let us know once you enable access so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Arya Creative,

On further troubleshooting, I could replicate the issue on my system with logging in via the Events+ popup. It seems like once the user has confirmed attending the events, those users login doesn't seem to work as you have mentioned.

Regarding the Popup not displaying correctly, you can add the following CSS which should fix it:

#eab-wordpress_login-wrapper {
    margin-top: 10%;
    }

I'm checking with our SLS developer to see whether there is any quick workaround that could be achieved to make the popup work as expected. Will keep you posted once I get further feedback regarding this asap.

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Arya Creative !

So sorry for keeping you waiting.

As Nithin pointed out, this happens only to users that have already RSVPd to the event. If user is already marked as going to the event, the form submission doesn’t work. You can override this issue by adding the following snippet in a mu-plugin:

add_filter( 'eab-rsvps-rsvp_form', function( $rsvp_form ) {

if ( wp_doing_ajax() && isset( $_POST['action'] ) && 'eab_get_form' == $_POST['action']) {
    $active_submit = '<input class="current wpmudevevents-yes-submit" type="submit" name="action_yes" value="I'm attending" />';
    $rsvp_form = str_replace( '</form>', "{$active_submit}</form>", $rsvp_form );
    }

return $rsvp_form;
    }, 20 );

If you are not familiar with mu-plugins you can read more about them here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/

Else you can add it in your child theme’s functions.php file, but make sure you are using a child theme so you don’t loose your changes upon theme update.

Please let us know how this works for you.

Kind regards!

• Arya Creative
    • Flash Drive

I think we resolved the login issue but now I am getting reports of long payment processing times. I went in and I see 69 memberships pending, specifically on the member that just reported the long processing time. Holy moly! How do I make sure that these payments are processed? And how do keep any more payments to go through as pending?

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Arya Creative !

As there are two separate issues here (and really hard to keep up with multiple issues per thread), could you start a new thread in regards to the payment issue including further details? For example are those payments related to Membership plugin or Events, which gateway etc.

As for the login issue I just checked this on my test site. The issue happens when clicking on the WordPress login as in the following screenshot right?

While not having logged in yet, I click on the "I'm attending button" and then try to logging clicking on the WordPress option as marked in the above screenshot. The snippet provided in my following reply worked fine. Could you let me know if the issue is different? Could you provide steps to replicate? I think that it would help if you could also provide admin and ftp access so I could have a look what is happening with hte snippet and why it's not working on your site. Keep in mind that this is a bublic forum, so do not share any sensitive info as a reply here. You can send admin and ftp info privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:Subject: "Attn: Panos Lyrakis"

– Admin login:

Admin username

Admin password

Login url

– FTP credentials

host

username

password

(and port if required)

– link back to this thread for reference

Kind regards!

• Arya Creative
    • Flash Drive

I believe these two issues are related as it appears our membership plugin is not functioning at all.

To recreate the login steps –

Member tries to login to access their account information, RVSP to an event, and access our locked down pages

Not able to login

Clicks on reset password – no reset link is emailed

No way to login or reset password

I have manually reset passwords for accounts. On some they are able to login on some they are not.

I have already given FTP and admin access previously. Will send again.

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Arya Creative !

As our forum was under scheduled maintenance, I have replied via email, just making sure you have received my message so updating here too :slight_smile:

I had a look at what was originally posted in your thread, that the users can’t login using the “Login with Carolina Women in Tech” button after clicking on the I’m attending button.

On your site I noticed that it would return invalid Username and Password message. For that I replaced a deprecated function “user_pass_ok” with “wp_authenticate” in plugin’s file (wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings-1.9.9.1/lib/class_eab_api.php), which in combination with the custom snippet I shared work fine in my test. I added the custom snippet in this mu-plugin: wp-content/mu-plugins/eab-wp-login.php

In case you are talking for some different login could you please shared a detailed explanation with steps to follow including urls?

In regards to the payment issue, up to this point it seems irrelevant. If you would like that to be checked out, you can contact our chat support (as currently the forums are closed) about that.

Kind regards!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.