[Membership 2 Pro] membership2 Pro and paypal

Is there any detailed documentation you can point me to on how to setup Billing with Paypal in membership2 pro? I have a merchant account at paypal. All I am trying to accomplish would be a one time payment for a page in Wordpress. Not sure if I should use the Single gateway or the Standard. I thought Standard since it seems to be more fit for a merchant account but then

it states in standard that it shouldn't be used for a permanent membership. Sorry, I am a newbie and clueless, What is the sandbox and what is that used for? I assume the payment button url I would get and create on the paypal site, correct? What is the best way to test all of this to make sure it's working? When membership2 pro collects emails is there a way to verify that email so as not to get bogus emails? Sorry for all the questions here. Anywhere I can find detailed documentation on the paypal setup? Thanks

• Huberson

Hello Winfield
    There isn't a detailed guide on how to setup PayPal gateway with Membership 2 specifically but if you plan to provide one time payment memberships, the Single gateway would be a better option as your subscribers will be paying only once.
    The only thing you'll need to set this up is your PayPal email address. And select the appropriate country.

However if you would like to use the advanced feature provided by PayPal merchant account, like payment via credit card and such, Standard gateway is the way to go.

It's almost the same steps as Single to setup Standard gateway except instead of your email, you need your Merchant Account ID that can be found from your PayPal profile page under 'My business info'.

You'll also need to setup your IPN from PayPal for notifications as well.

One thing to note about Standard though is that it's best using it for recurring memberships.

What is the sandbox and what is that used for?

Sandbox allows you to try your gateway in test mode without making real transactions. It lets you test that payment works properly before going live.

I assume the payment button url I would get and create on the paypal site, correct?

The 'Payment button label or URL' field can either contain link to any image you want to display as your checkout button or some text.

What is the best way to test all of this to make sure it's working?

Best way to test the payment is to use Sandbox mode.

When membership2 pro collects emails is there a way to verify that email so as not to get bogus emails?

Membership 2 doesn't really provide image verification but you could use a plugin like WP Email Verify to handle email verification.

Anywhere I can find detailed documentation on the paypal setup?

You can find docs from PayPal client Help section: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/home
    Or the developer documention: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/

Hope above answer your questions. Do let us know if other info needed regarding this.

Regards,
    Huberson

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.