[Membership 2 Pro] Memberships not expiring at due date.

It looks like several memberships are renewing with out paying. Subscribers were shown in Billing as having paid, therefore "Active" status, when indeed no payment was made.

• Nithin

Hi Burt,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I could notice finite(permanent) payment, and recurring payments configured for your memberships. Could you please list out couple of username where you notice the issue, and whether you notice this issue specific to any one membership etc? So that we could be sure that we are checking the correct subscriptions.

I could notice you only have PayPal Single Payment gateway configured in the plugin side, under Membership 2 > Settings > Payment.

You'll have to make sure, that you use PayPal Single Gateway for finite (permanent) payments, and only use PayPal Standard Gateway for recurring payments.

You'll notice anomalies, if PayPal Standard Gateway isn't used for recurring payments, it seems like recurring payments are also using the PayPal Single Payment Gateway in your system.

If the issue is only specific to the memberships with recurring payments, then that would explain the reason for the memberships to not expire without charging.

Would recommend you to switch to PayPal Standard Gateway for recurring payments, and I'm afraid, you'll have to ask the users to re-subscribe again, so that the correct PayPal gateway would be picked up, during subscription, this is something which has to be invoked within the user side.

If you notice the issue even with finite membership, please do point out the usernames related to those, and membership, so that we could have a better idea regrading those too.

Regards,
    Nithin

• Burt

Thank you for your help. What I am told by the site administrator is that the issue is with finite membership. But only for some users. Here is the note from the site admin:

I noticed some strange things with the plugin, similar to the problems we had before. This time subscribers were shown in Billing as having paid, therefore "Active" status, when indeed no payment was made. I've included a few screenshots. A couple of people show no payment at all and that's because they were having problems paying through the website so I sent them a POS Square invoice to pay separately. I manually changed everybody's expiration dates except the last one, Shin Tanaka (he also paid through a POS invoice) which I left untouched so the tech team can take a look at it. I'll give them a few days and then I'll manually change his expiration, also.
    A few of the expired were also shown as still logged in on some device. I manually logged them out. This was the old problem we had before

Attached are screen shots some of the users the site admin noticed this with:

• Nithin

Hi Burt,

Thanks for explaining further. That's an odd behaviour, with the payments not getting through, but the membership getting marked as active.

I tried to access your website via support access to look at those mentioned users, and the billings, but it seems like the site is down at the moment? I could notice 500 error message at the moment.

A couple of people show no payment at all and that's because they were having problems paying through the website so I sent them a POS Square invoice to pay separately.

Could I know whether your members were noticing any error messages during the payments etc? Or whether the payment process went fine.

You can check this article on how to fix 500 error, if it's something within your website side:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/500-internal-server-error/

Please let us know once your site is back, so that we could give a closer look via the support access to these members marked in the screenshot. You may have to revoke, and re-enable support access, just to make sure the support access didn't get expired due to the 500 error.

Looking forward to your response. Have a great day ahead. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

• Burt

Hi Nithin,

We had a server problem,. The site is back up. And I re-enabled support access.

In addition to the members marked in the screenshot - the following was note from the site administrator for another member as well. Can you also look into this? I have blocked out the password, if yo need it please let em know how to get it to you:

Here's a guy who couldn't change his password. I explained how to but he couldn't so I changed it for him. I investigated and when logged in to his account the only items visible in the header are Membership Renewal and Home. My account and Francesca's both have the entire header visible (account, contact us, logout). I checked 3 of the 4 major browsers. If you want to check it out his user name is: swhimple and his password is XXXXXXXX5 This just seems too weird. I don't have access to lots of accounts to verify how often this is happening but I haven't the slightest idea what the problem is. I briefly took a look at the Header settings and from what I can tell all is ok. I can see it, why can't he? BTW, he's a member since Dec. '15

to: Alessi Music Studios <info@alessimusicstudios.com>
    date: Dec 2, 2018, 1:22 AM
    subject: Re: password change
    signed-by: gmail.com
    hello,

There is no way for me to even find an account page for personal details. I have never found such a page on the website. Nor was my password reset. Please reset my password to "XXXXXX95" as soon as you can.

We are becoming very frustrated with how the plugin is performing and need to correct all of these matters immediately.

Please let me know what you come up with.

Thank you!

• Nithin

Hi Burt,

Thanks for enabling the access, and sorry to hear that the issue is still ongoing. I gave a closer look, and I'm a bit confused with your current setup. You have both Recurring, and Finite memberships.

I don't see the users listed in the previous shared screenshots having the same membership again? The users listed were initially having finite Membership(Professional Renewal) , but then I could notice the same user is trying to switch to a recurring membership(Professional)? I could notice the same with the users listed in the above screenshot.

So, the issue is for users who had finite membership, and once the membership is expired, and try to register for a recurring membership you notice such anomalies? Could you please confirm?

Do you notice the issue with new registrations? or is it only in the above mentioned case?

Also, as mentioned you should be making sure to use PayPal Standard Gateway for recurring payments to make sure the payments go through. Could you please test that out, and see whether that resolve the issue?

Regarding password not being able to set, I tried creating a new user in your system, and I could notice no password reset emails are getting sent. Is that the same case with the "swhimple" user too? Is the issue with password email not getting sent? or the new password isn't getting saved?

If it's with email not getting sent, then I could notice the same when I tested via the Membership form, and via default WordPress form in your site too. If that's the case, this might be more related to a conflict in the system. Is this a live site? Is it possible to temporarily disable the plugins in your system to test further regarding what's causing the issue?

If it's a live site, and you aren't able to run a conflict test, then I do understand. In that case, is it possible to setup a staging(clone) site, so that we could give a closer look.

You could use a plugin like Dupicator to clone your live site:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Once a staging is up, please share the sites login credentials, using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -Live sites WordPress admin username, and password
    - Staging sites WordPress admin username, and password
    -login url
    -FTP Live sites credentials (host/username/password)
    -FTP Staging sites credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Please do follow up in the ticket once you have sent the above credentials. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.